Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vigorito

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2012
hi,i have problem connecting to wi fi with new macbook air 2013 13' 2 days old,network bars showing that im connected all the time,but i cant surf the web,deley btw having and not having connection is about 20-30minutes sometimes is 10 minutes,i tried to reset router several times and its the same,my internet and cable provider is sending 2.4ghz internet,the model of router is
huawei HG532E and i have cable and internet with two devices, router and cable box they are connected each other its a adsl connection.

macbook air comes with mountaine lion 10.8.4 installed i updated to 10.8.5 but i have same problems with both versions of software.

so i run diagnostics and im almost always have first 3 icons green and always (when there is no connection) i have other 3 icons red and failed
ISP
INTERNET
SERVER

and asistent tells me that i need to check my router and access points,all other devices in my home works normaly with the same router.

i know that new macbook air 2103 comes with new 802.11ac Wi-Fi and as far as i know its a 5ghz i read someone have same problem with the same macbook air but different router,and he is assuming that new wi fi AC is not backward compatibile with the older or regular routers,i dont know if this is true but can someone try to help me to solve this problem,maybe i need to change settings in mac?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
This sounds like a network settings problem. Try this:

Go into System Preferences, Network pane. Click Advanced. Go to the TCP/IP tab. Check the settings for DNS and search provider.

vigorito

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Ok ill check that when i come home,so you want me to check both cases when i have connected and when im not connected?

vigorito

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Ok its in function right now will see later
These are settings values under tcp/ip
Confirgure ipv4 (using dhcp)
Ipv4 adress 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Router 192.168.1.1

Ipv6 is automaticly

And there some big entry values under router: under ipv6 adress:
Fda4:9947:e41c:fa00:5ef9:38ff:fe8e:3320 prefix 64
And one more similiar line of value numbers

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Ok its in function right now will see later
These are settings values under tcp/ip
Confirgure ipv4 (using dhcp)
Ipv4 adress 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Router 192.168.1.1

Ipv6 is automaticly

And there some big entry values under router: under ipv6 adress:
Fda4:9947:e41c:fa00:5ef9:38ff:fe8e:3320 prefix 64
And one more similiar line of value numbers
That looks normal. What's DNS and search provider set to?

vigorito

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2012
but there is the address 192.168.1.1 already,under dns servers is 192.168.1.1 ,or you mean that this 4 zero numbers replace with the same 192.168.1.1??? internet is working now pretty god but i don't know how long
it was a typo this 193

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
but there is the address 192.168.1.1 already,under dns servers is 192.168.1.1 ,or you mean that this 4 zero numbers replace with the same 192.168.1.1??? internet is working now pretty god but i don't know how long
it was a typo this 193
Oh... huh. Your settings are OK then - you don't need to take any action there. That being the case, try these additional troubleshooting steps:
  1. Renew your DHCP lease - the button to do this is in Advanced section of the Network pref pane
  2. Turn Wi-Fi off and back on, if you're using it to connect
If that doesn't help, it's time to consult more advanced tools: namely, the ping command-line tool in Terminal.

vigorito

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 18, 2012
hi,problems again,i think problem is not with router,this morning i lost wi fi again 2-3mins but after i did turn on\of wi fi connection was back normally,but 10hours later i lost wi fi on 15 minutes i right away check if i can connect to wi fi with my cell phone and cellphone was connect in a sec! first wi fi option on mac was off! i didn't touch anything to shutdown wi fi its shutdown by computer,then i check dhcp and ip4 and ip6 under preferences it was all empty,then after several times of toggling on\of i was able to scan networks but no networks are showing at all,then after scanning again i was able to see networks but i could not connect to my wi fi (message could not join network time is out something like that) and then i try to click again on the wi fi icon on the top of the bar where is battery,time etc and i got right away spinning mixed colour ball not just on the wi fi icon,whole line where is apple logo,icons clock etc could not change anything then after restarting osx I'm able to connect the wi fi uf what wrong with air?

hocket

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2016
hi,problems again,i think problem is not with router,this morning i lost wi fi again 2-3mins but after i did turn on\of wi fi connection was back normally,but 10hours later i lost wi fi on 15 minutes i right away check if i can connect to wi fi with my cell phone and cellphone was connect in a sec! first wi fi option on mac was off! i didn't touch anything to shutdown wi fi its shutdown by computer,then i check dhcp and ip4 and ip6 under preferences it was all empty,then after several times of toggling on\of i was able to scan networks but no networks are showing at all,then after scanning again i was able to see networks but i could not connect to my wi fi (message could not join network time is out something like that) and then i try to click again on the wi fi icon on the top of the bar where is battery,time etc and i got right away spinning mixed colour ball not just on the wi fi icon,whole line where is apple logo,icons clock etc could not change anything then after restarting osx I'm able to connect the wi fi uf what wrong with air?
change security from "WPA2 Personal" to "WPA/WPA2 Personal", hope this help.

Jimmymacmini

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2017
United States
Oh... huh. Your settings are OK then - you don't need to take any action there. That being the case, try these additional troubleshooting steps:
  1. Renew your DHCP lease - the button to do this is in Advanced section of the Network pref pane
  2. Turn Wi-Fi off and back on, if you're using it to connect
If that doesn't help, it's time to consult more advanced tools: namely, the ping command-line tool in Terminal.

Wow thanks a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.