Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Is it possible to disable Raw File System access via USB on a jailbroken iPhone 4s running IOS 5.0.1? I don't have anything super secret on my device but it would be nice to know if I ever lost it that it would be a little harder than just plugging it into any old computer and loading up iFunBox to grab my address book (/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb), emails (/var/mobile/Library/Mail), sms (/var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db), etc.

I have openSSH installed with root and mobile passwords changed from the default but iFunBox on Windows 7 still has full read/write access to the entire file system when my device is plugged in via USB. Even with openSSH disabled it has full access.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If you have a passcode enabled, the iPhone will not allow an unauthorized computer to access its contents until you authorize the computer be entering your passcode into the iPhone. This also works to disallow access to the camera roll.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
So simple. Thanks. I never thought to actually try it in a computer that wasn't already authorized. Stupid me.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
But remember, if you or someone else plugs it into an unauthorized computer when it is unlocked, that computer gets added until you reset your iPhone's contents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.