Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
JB Now or forever hold your peace... Apple just released 7.0.6!!!!

a2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Here's to hoping it addresses some of 7.0.x fluidity and animations.

----------

MuscleNerd just advised to stay away if Jailbroken and they will update Evasi0n7 if possible as it sounds like an important fix.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I'm holding my peace jailbroken on iOS 6.1 precisely because I'm NOT on iOS 7!
:D

I’m right there with you. My 4S is on 6.1.2 and staying there, probably for as long as I keep the phone. There is nothing in iOS 7 that I want, and a lot of things that would be annoying, plus all the tweaks that still don’t work.

The only thing I wish would come to iOS 6 is SwipSelection Pro. I’ve been using the regular version for a long time, and I wish I could buy the new version to gets its additional options, but it’s iOS-7 only. Ah well.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
I used the modded version of evasi0n posted in this thread w/ 7.0.6 and so far everything is A-OK. For me, I'd rather be on the latest jail breakable version, and can only assume (or hope) that the evaders will be releasing an official update themselves.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm jealous. i regret updating :/
I’m right there with you. My 4S is on 6.1.2 and staying there, probably for as long as I keep the phone. There is nothing in iOS 7 that I want, and a lot of things that would be annoying, plus all the tweaks that still don’t work.

The only thing I wish would come to iOS 6 is SwipSelection Pro. I’ve been using the regular version for a long time, and I wish I could buy the new version to gets its additional options, but it’s iOS-7 only. Ah well.

Same here. 4S 6.1.2 until I get the iphone 6.
Well, it appears I'm not the only one… :D

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
New York, NY
JB Now or forever hold your peace... Apple just released 7.0.6

Redmondpie version works fine.
myvebytu.jpg

Last edited:

fdjofre

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2013
So... Do I have to restore and rejailbreak? Do I just update and rejailbreak? Or will I keep my jailbreak when I update?

What I'm asking is, will updating make me lose everything?

ajay96

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
New York, NY
So... Do I have to restore and rejailbreak? Do I just update and rejailbreak? Or will I keep my jailbreak when I update?

What I'm asking is, will updating make me lose everything?

I updated and then re-jailbroke. However if you update you will lose you're jailbreak data.

Bitgod

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Still on 6 on my phone and pad. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'll be locked out of some future apps if I don't, and the BT controller-ability would be nice, but I'd hate to give up the look of my ios. I hate the look of 7 and I hate they took away the "auto skinning" so I can't have a common icon look without spending a lot of time on it.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Has anyone heard any word if 7.06 is gonna be jail breakable? Been searching for a couple minutes but haven't really turned up anything as of yet...

Your screwed

----------

I updated and then re-jailbroke. However if you update you will lose you're jailbreak data.

If you purchased from cydia couldn't you just put your Facebook loggin to get those data back?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.