Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I just got my new LG MBP after replacing my older Samsung one with a yellowing tint towards bottom. This one is nearly perfect but I noticed something that I hadn't noticed with the previous one. This one has a very subtle thin line that runs across the top of the screen about where the menu bar is at the top. It almost seems like the pixels along this line are displaying everything just a touch lighter in color than the rest so that's why it visible but again it's very subtle. You almost have to load up a solid full screen picture to see it.

Am I being paranoid or is this somewhat normal?

Kan-O-Z

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I thought so too, but it just a "feature" of Tiger. All Macs have this line thru the menu bar.

It's not the line through the menu bar, although that is about where the line is. If you look at a solid color for instance when the mac is booting up, you can see a faint line across the top on the gray screen. Anyone else see anything like this.

Kan-O-Z

Sopranino

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
I just got my new LG MBP after replacing my older Samsung one with a yellowing tint towards bottom. This one is nearly perfect but I noticed something that I hadn't noticed with the previous one. This one has a very subtle thin line that runs across the top of the screen about where the menu bar is at the top. It almost seems like the pixels along this line are displaying everything just a touch lighter in color than the rest so that's why it visible but again it's very subtle. You almost have to load up a solid full screen picture to see it.

Am I being paranoid or is this somewhat normal?

Kan-O-Z

Hello Kan.

Does this line seem to bisect the 'E' in 'Edit' at the middle line in 'E' ?

Sopranino

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
I have a similar line (LG Screen too) it is more noticable from an angle though, the line runs horizontally through the middle of the menu bar and is very slightly darker above it. When I changed my color profile it did improve things and I do not notice it when in windows.

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
1276015171_8d376b2038_b.jpg

This Line?????

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I know the menu bar is supposed to have a line running through it but if you view a solid color full screen, you will see the line I am talking about (that is if you have it). It is subtle but just wondering if this is something with some LG screens.

Kan-O-Z

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
I know the menu bar is supposed to have a line running through it but if you view a solid color full screen, you will see the line I am talking about (that is if you have it). It is subtle but just wondering if this is something with some LG screens.

Kan-O-Z

Post a screen shot if you can :)

koops

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
London
1276015171_8d376b2038_b.jpg

This Line?????

Thats EXACTLY the same as the one I have - looks more of a darker yellow from a wide viewing angle - I thought it was just mine and hasn't bothered me enough to say anything to apple...because apart from that my MBP is perfect. So is this an OSX characteristic? I take it that its not the LG screen becuase it would not show up on a screen shot if it was a physical screen defect?

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
Thats EXACTLY the same as the one I have - looks more of a darker yellow from a wide viewing angle - I thought it was just mine and hasn't bothered me enough to say anything to apple...because apart from that my MBP is perfect. So is this an OSX characteristic? I take it that its not the LG screen becuase it would not show up on a screen shot if it was a physical screen defect?

to me it looks like shading...........

Kan-O-Z

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Post a screen shot if you can :)

I'll try to but I'm willing to bet that I will have to take a physical picture. As I stated above if this was a OS X thing then it should not show when viewing a solid color in full screen (no menu bar). I can see it when the computer boots on the gray screen. It makes me think it's the screen and not a software thing. I'll try to post it if I can.

Kan-O-Z

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.