Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I currently have Final Cut X and while the built-in rolling shutter removal works well in some situations (like fast pans), it isn't doing much good to some footage I shot without any stablisation on my Canon DSLR over the summer. I downloaded a trial of After Effects CS6 and used the warp stabiliser, which does a much better job (almost perfect actually), but I can't really justify the £700 it would cost me to upgrade from Design Premium to Production Premium.

So just wondering if there was any other options on the Mac people were aware of, that are anywhere close to Adobe's warp stabiliser?

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
I currently have Final Cut X and while the built-in rolling shutter removal works well in some situations (like fast pans), it isn't doing much good to some footage I shot without any stablisation on my Canon DSLR over the summer. I downloaded a trial of After Effects CS6 and used the warp stabiliser, which does a much better job (almost perfect actually), but I can't really justify the £700 it would cost me to upgrade from Design Premium to Production Premium.

So just wondering if there was any other options on the Mac people were aware of, that are anywhere close to Adobe's warp stabiliser?

torrent it, fix it, delete it, buy it when you can... millions do

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Adobe offers a pay-by-the-month option where you pay one fee and get access to everything. It's cheaper than buying and perpetually upgrading.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I have already downloaded the trial and fixed all my clips that need fixing, but was just wondering what other options were available on the Mac for when I have the problem in future. The Adobe pay as you go option sounds good, just need to get my head round renting rather than keeping software. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.