Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ckweb

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
A little late! It's not Mountain Lion, but it's got the OS X look on a Classic Mac! :D desktop.jpg

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
A little late! It's not Mountain Lion, but it's got the OS X look on a Classic Mac! :D View attachment 576672
You sir, are very lucky!

By the time I heavily got into Kaleidoscope in OS9 (early 00's) the Aqua theme was extremely difficult to find. So difficult, I was never able to get it. Given that OS X was new at the time, Apple vigorously pursued websites posting this theme.

Would you care to zip the theme up and post it up here? As I said, I was never able to get a hold of it.

ckweb

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
You sir, are very lucky!

By the time I heavily got into Kaleidoscope in OS9 (early 00's) the Aqua theme was extremely difficult to find. So difficult, I was never able to get it. Given that OS X was new at the time, Apple vigorously pursued websites posting this theme.

Would you care to zip the theme up and post it up here? As I said, I was never able to get a hold of it.

Wow, I missed your reply for how long??? It hurts to think about it, sorry about that! Let me post a good appearance theme for you now. Note that the forums only allow .zip extensions to be uploaded, so the .sit is inside the .zip. OS X or Windows should unzip the .sit file okay and the .sit can then be transferred to OS 8.5-9.x just fine. MacZip if you have it for classic may work as well. Sorry again my friend, how long is tooo long???

Attachments

• AquaMaXes.zip
    369.8 KB · Views: 534
Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Wow, I missed your reply for how long??? It hurts to think about it, sorry about that! Let me post a good appearance theme for you now. Note that the forums only allow .zip extensions to be uploaded, so the .sit is inside the .zip. OS X or Windows should unzip the .sit file okay and the .sit can then be transferred to OS 8.5-9.x just fine. MacZip if you have it for classic may work as well. Sorry again my friend, how long is tooo long???
Thank you for coming back and posting it up. Appreciate it!

The OS9 G4 Mac I used from 2001 to 2003 appreciates it too! :D

ckweb

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Thank you for coming back and posting it up. Appreciate it!

Oh, the good 'ol days!

By the way, did you ever find any other resources out there for your OS 9 theming? I had a lot of these somewhere backed-up for years. Will you believe I'm working on some Sierra-based ones now? :)

Ps. at the moment, I have OS 8.1 Basilisk II on a chromebook and my phone as well as OS 9 on SheepShaver on my Mac Mini.. All of my real Macs are all out of commission :(

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Oh, the good 'ol days!

By the way, did you ever find any other resources out there for your OS 9 theming? I had a lot of these somewhere backed-up for years. Will you believe I'm working on some Sierra-based ones now? :)

Ps. at the moment, I have OS 8.1 Basilisk II on a chromebook and my phone as well as OS 9 on SheepShaver on my Mac Mini.. All of my real Macs are all out of commission :(
Well, under OS 9 I've always used Kaleidoscope.

Now, of course and thanks to you, Sheepshaver is running Aqua!

SheepShaver.png

ckweb

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Well, under OS 9 I've always used Kaleidoscope.

Now, of course and thanks to you, Sheepshaver is running Aqua!

For how long you've waited, we can't stop now! :D

You need a dock as well, here it is, it's called A-Dock, also for Mac OS 8.5 and up.

Attachments

• A-Dock 3.0.1.zip
    319.6 KB · Views: 506

ckweb

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013

You know, thanks to you I just remembered that I also have a G4 Powerbook in the closet that I boot occasionally that runs both Tiger as well as Leopard. I may have to see if it'll also run Mac OS 9 natively or if not then as the Classic environment under Tiger :D

Also, with any luck, I may boot-up an older Performa 6360 also in that closet that I dump-dove a Triniton monitor for this week! ;)

Attachments

• surprise.zip
    457 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.