Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanmkincaid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2018
Brooklyn
First of all, long time lurker, first time poster. This forum helped me with my gpu issue on my Late 2011 Mac Book Pro and I've been hooked ever since.

Now, however, I've got a new issue.

I recently purchased a Mac Pro 4,1 which I then flashed the BIOs to 5,1. I have installed a Sapphire RX 470 and while it does work (I get all 4 displays to work in both os Sierra and bootcamp windows 7) I notice I get a "PCI error" in the System Report. Similarly the logo, which lights up in my Akitio eGPU set up (before Mac Book Pro issues) doesn't anymore. I thought it might be the single mini PCI to PCI power connector so I purchased a dual mini PCI to PCI connector but it's the same thing. I did a search however can't seem to yield any fixes. I'd like to resolve the PCI read error and also get that logo to glow again.

FYI, I'm running Sierra 10.12.6

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
First of all, long time lurker, first time poster. This forum helped me with my gpu issue on my Late 2011 Mac Book Pro and I've been hooked ever since.

Now, however, I've got a new issue.

I recently purchased a Mac Pro 4,1 which I then flashed the BIOs to 5,1. I have installed a Sapphire RX 470 and while it does work (I get all 4 displays to work in both os Sierra and bootcamp windows 7) I notice I get a "PCI error" in the System Report. Similarly the logo, which lights up in my Akitio eGPU set up (before Mac Book Pro issues) doesn't anymore. I thought it might be the single mini PCI to PCI power connector so I purchased a dual mini PCI to PCI connector but it's the same thing. I did a search however can't seem to yield any fixes. I'd like to resolve the PCI read error and also get that logo to glow again.

FYI, I'm running Sierra 10.12.6

The PCIe error is normal for a non-EFI Card. I assume your card doesn’t produce boot screens.

I don’t know anything about eGPU’s, bot don’t worry about the PCIe error on system report.

Also, if you upgrade to the latest cMP firmware (v. 138.0.0.0.0) and to the latest macOS, I believe the info will be reported correctly.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
The PCIe error is normal for a non-EFI Card. I assume your card doesn’t produce boot screens.

I don’t know anything about eGPU’s, bot don’t worry about the PCIe error on system report.

Also, if you upgrade to the latest cMP firmware (v. 138.0.0.0.0) and to the latest macOS, I believe the info will be reported correctly.

I think we need High Sierra to show those PCI info properly with non flashed card. Not 100% about if the firmware can also fix that in Sierra.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.