Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dansmith3003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Hi, i have a macbook and i would like to connect it to a projector. Does the macbook output a good detailed picture or is it very distorted due to it not being a direct video card connection?

any feedback would be welcomed

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Hi, i have a macbook and i would like to connect it to a projector. Does the macbook output a good detailed picture or is it very distorted due to it not being a direct video card connection?

any feedback would be welcomed

Don't know where you got that idea, but yes, the picture is fine.
With the DVI out you should be able to play hi def stuff over it.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yes, it should be fine (pretty much every laptop with VGA or DVI looks fine on a projector... they're not all that high resolution!). Just as long as your projector itself has a suitably high resolution.

tilman

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006

Huh? The Mini-DVI connector on the Macbook is just physically smaller. Once you plug the adapter in, it's no different than having a full-size DVI connector in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.