Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stutterer

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Just bought a MacBook Retina m7 @256 (arriving tomorrow) and I wonder if I'll be able to play graphic adventures such as Telltale's Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, or LucasArts The Secret of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. Or Microids Syberia.

Anyone has an idea about this?

GoldfishRT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2014
Somewhere
Well. The 2016 rMB outperforms my ThinkPad in all areas pretty significantly and it runs TellTale games fine so I doubt you'll have trouble.

Ovedius

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2012
Norway
Just bought a MacBook Retina m7 @256 (arriving tomorrow) and I wonder if I'll be able to play graphic adventures such as Telltale's Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, or LucasArts The Secret of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. Or Microids Syberia.

Anyone has an idea about this?

Don't know.
Very much looking forward to hearing your discoveries, though :D

Stutterer

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Well. The 2016 rMB outperforms my ThinkPad in all areas pretty significantly and it runs TellTale games fine so I doubt you'll have trouble.
I really hope so. Though I already have some of those for the iPad. Graphic adventures are my thing.
[doublepost=1461791777][/doublepost]
Don't know.
Very much looking forward to hearing your discoveries, though :D
I'll let you know.

izzyfanto

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Why not return it and wait a month for the MBP refresh so you could be sure of gaming performance?

Stutterer

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Why not return it and wait a month for the MBP refresh so you could be sure of gaming performance?
Thought about it. But portability is the main thing for me. I can always use the iPad for gaming.

a rare goat

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2016
Your laptop will run those games flawlessly. They are not significantly CPU/GPU intensive. Enjoy :)

helloitsme

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2016

The 13" MacBook Pro can't play modern gaming titles either. I mean, it's a little better than the MacBook, but still terrible if you're looking for a machine to use primary for gaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.