Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Is anyone else having issue with bluetooth lag? My trackpad and mouse are basically unusable unless I plug them in. Have tried a reboot to no avail.
a couple of seconds on the satechi BT keyboard and mouse.
which is not great, since I NOW need to type the six keys again after starting.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
Is anyone else having issue with bluetooth lag? My trackpad and mouse are basically unusable unless I plug them in. Have tried a reboot to no avail.
Occasional slight delay, lag or sudden movement of the cursor with the Magic Trackpad. I just received the M3 a couple of days ago. Did not migrate anything from TM. Started it all fresh. The issue started right at the beginning and set up. It's not that bad, but its noticeable when it happens randomly. I did report on Apple Feedback Page.

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
a couple of seconds on the satechi BT keyboard and mouse.
which is not great, since I NOW need to type the six keys again after starting.
Yes, all 3 of my bluetooth devices (mouse, trackpad, and keyboard) all just randomly disconnect from my studio. It actually got worse with the last OS upgrade. Have written Apple about it multiple times.

Reactions: MBAir2010

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Yes, all 3 of my bluetooth devices (mouse, trackpad, and keyboard) all just randomly disconnect from my studio. It actually got worse with the last OS upgrade. Have written Apple about it multiple times.
hopefully Sonoma.January will fix this, and other bugs were put Macs can run like October!

Reactions: GlenK and gank41

ProQuiz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
Could the Bluetooth issues being described in this thread explain my issue with my AirPods Pro in the below thread? My Magic Mouse is working fine though.

Last edited:

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
in Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) can we adjust when to turn on and off our M series MacBook?
this was set in Monterey and grandfathered into Ventura and Sonoma.
I would like to turn on and off the MacBook myself now via power button.
obviously I tried trying "power" "battery" and "energy saver" to no avail!

Even apple didn't find or offer a solution online to this matter.

thanks in advance!

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
in Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) can we adjust when to turn on and off our M series MacBook?
this was set in Monterey and grandfathered into Ventura and Sonoma.
I would like to turn on and off the MacBook myself now via power button.
obviously I tried trying "power" "battery" and "energy saver" to no avail!

Even apple didn't find or offer a solution online to this matter.

thanks in advance!
You can use the free OnyX to adjust the startup, shutdown or cancel scheduling.

OnyX Scheduling.jpg

Reactions: Queen6 and gank41

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
You can use the free OnyX to adjust the startup, shutdown or cancel scheduling.
thanks for that tip, I never used that in High Sierra.

why did :apple: moot this feature? t
his is strange because since snow leopard,
we could always adjust the setting in the power option.

I might go back to Ventura soon.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2007
So I've turned off just about all the extra fancy stuff with the Magic Touch keyboard settings. The jumpy/lag has diminished a bit. It's still there but not out of control like before and I can easily re-adjust the mouse back to the right location. Definitely a bug in Mac OS Sonoma. I wonder if Apple with address this or mention a fix in the next bug fix update.

skiabox

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Larisa, Greece
It still cannot see the second external monitor (that in a usb-c) right after restarting and I still need to plug the cable off and on to see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.