Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Intrepid Bag Co to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win an Adventure Leather Satchel Bag designed for Apple's line of MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro machines.

Available in 13 and 15-inch size options, the Adventure Leather Satchel is made from high-quality full grain tobacco-colored leather that will age into a unique patina, making each bag one-of-a-kind.

intrepidbagcosatchel-800x536.jpg

Intrepid Bag Co offers several quality-made leather bags, but the Adventure Satchel is its most rugged, made with old-world craftsmanship techniques like hand pounded copper rivets and UV-resistant nylon stitching.

The Adventure Satchel is laden with pockets and can hold quite a bit of gear. Under the front flap, there's a dedicated laptop section, two medium-sized interior pockets, rainproof side flaps, a key strap, and two pen holders.

intrepidsatchelinside-800x533.jpg

There's also a hidden passport/wallet section for keeping your valuables safe, and on the outside of the bag, there's a zippered compartment under the flap and a long newspaper pocket at the back.

intrepidsatcheltopdown-800x534.jpg

You can wear the Adventure Satchel cross-body with a side mounted 1.5-inch strap made from leather and canvas, which is padded for comfort even when the bag is packed full, and there's also a hand strap at the top.

intrepidsatchelstrap-800x496.jpg

Intrepid Bag Co normally charges $249 for the 13-inch Adventure Satchel or $269 for the 15-inch version, but we've got one to give away. Intrepid Bag Co has also provided MacRumors readers with a 10 percent discount on all products using the code "MacRumors10."

To enter to win the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (January 12) at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on January 19. The winners will be chosen randomly on January 19 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win an Adventure Leather Satchel for Your MacBook Pro From Intrepid Bag Co

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
The styling of this bag looks a lot like my beloved Waterfield Designs/SF Bags Muzetto bag in which my iPad travels around town...... Simple, casual but elegant all at the same time, and the flap makes it easy to reach in and quickly pull out my iPad when I need to do so. I can see how this similar, larger bag would be equally convenient, too, for toting one's MBP!

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.

vjl323

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2005
Western North Carolina
Does anybody ever really win this stuff or is this just a way to get hits on this website.

People do win things - I was a winner back in June, 2017, for Total War: WARHAMMER, a cool game. I'm sure it also helps attract eyeballs to the site as well, but hey, we don't pay anything to read this site, so they need to pay the bills and make money somehow!

veggiespam

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
I have answered that question before and will answer again.
Yes, somebody does really win this stuff.
I was the winner of this giveaway and I appreciate MacRumors for setting up these giveaways.

I wish the best of luck to everyone who entered.

I also won something - a super small Lightning - USB cable that I found to be pretty nice; this is the product URL, http://keroproducts.com/collections/products/products/nomad-cable-lightning ; except mine was in blue. Here is an Amazon link to the product too: https://www.amazon.com/Kero-Nomad-Authentic-Cable-MCU-B/dp/B00GXMTHCG (search for the Lightning version)

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
I also won something - a super small Lightning - USB cable that I found to be pretty nice; this is the product URL, http://keroproducts.com/collections/products/products/nomad-cable-lightning ; except mine was in blue. Here is an Amazon link to the product too: https://www.amazon.com/Kero-Nomad-Authentic-Cable-MCU-B/dp/B00GXMTHCG (search for the Lightning version)
Wouldn't 3 inches be just a little too short?
I am using a 4 inch one on my vehicle for CarPlay and it is already a struggle.

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
USA
Got an Intrepid bag a few years ago during one of their specials. Sorry, it was a horrible bag. Used it for a week and then donated it. Worst bag I ever owned. Few pockets, very stiff leather, hard to use clasps and closures. Hopefully their latest bags are better.

Last edited:

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Hubby starting to show signs of.. ahem... aging gracefully? :D

(Check for the Silver Fox edition) :p

I have a pair of grey Birkenstocks. Really. I don't know why... ;-)

On the 'aging gracefully' tangent. I tried to surprise the wife in a thong on New Years Eve. She squealed 'MY GOD, YOU ARE ALMOST 60!!!' and proceeded to jump in bed and fall asleep (or pretend to fall asleep).

I'm thinking I know why older men end up with younger women! Possibly. I don't know if I could keep up with a younger woman, but I would at least hope she wouldn't squeal and fall asleep. But who knows... I exercise like a maniac, and was rather unimpressed with her reaction. :eek:

:(

Reactions: macs4nw

veggiespam

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
Wouldn't 3 inches be just a little too short?
I am using a 4 inch one on my vehicle for CarPlay and it is already a struggle.

It is a wonderful cable length, just toss into your bag or attach to your keychain. It's great for charging from your laptop and it doesn't break since it really doesn't bend.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
It is a wonderful cable length, just toss into your bag or attach to your keychain. It's great for charging from your laptop and it doesn't break since it really doesn't bend.
Ah, different use case scenario.
3 inches would be a good short length when charging from laptop or transferring files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.