Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Choetech to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a Qi-enabled 7.5W Wireless Charging Pad for the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus.

Choetech's Wireless Charging Pad is affordably priced at $17.99, and is cheaper than other 7.5W solutions on the market. Choetech says the Charging Pad will charge the iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and future wireless iPhones at the faster 7.5W charging speeds.

choetechchargingpad1-800x611.jpg

For some Android devices, such as the Samsung Galaxy series, the Wireless Charging Pad can deliver up to 10W of power. For other devices, it will charge at 5W.

The Wireless Charging Pad is a slim, unassuming charger that fits into any decor with its simple design. It includes an anti-slip rubber design at the top to keep the iPhone in place when it's charging, and it's small enough to fit comfortably on any desktop or nightstand.

choetechwirelesschargingpad3-800x740.jpg

You'll need a micro-USB cable to power the Wireless Charging Pad, which is included in the box, and a power adapter, not included, is also required. A green light on the charger lets you know when the iPhone is situated correctly and receiving power.

choetechwirelesschargingpad2-800x612.jpg

We have 30 of these chargers to give away to MacRumors readers, and Choetech has also provided us with a 50% discount code so you can purchase it on the cheap at Amazon if you don't win. Just add the code MACHOE50 when checking out.

To enter to win the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (June 15) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on June 22. The winners will be chosen randomly on June 22 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a 7.5W Wireless iPhone Charger From Choetech, Or Save 50% With Discount Code

trusso

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
Still don't understand the allure of wireless charging when all you're doing is saving yourself 5 seconds by installing a "middle-man." Save the money, plug the darn phone into the wire directly. o_O

Reactions: slineaudi

Bornee35

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2013
Canada
You need to buy a separate adapter to enable 7.5W for iPhone and 10W for Samsung. Might as well be an apple product.

Kynmore

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2011
Still don't understand the allure of wireless charging when all you're doing is saving yourself 5 seconds by installing a "middle-man." Save the money, plug the darn phone into the wire directly. o_O

My wife thought the same thing, until we had our daughter. Being able to pick up and set down the phone for charging, without having to fiddle for a cable, appears to have erased that sentiment. I found a few of these on Amazon for cheap, and have them placed strategically around the house.

You can use an apple adapter if you don't need the 7.5W speed, as the 5W works just fine. We do have the ones in our bedroom at 7.5W, but the others are all using the many iPhone charge blocks we've amassed over the years.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I didn't either until I got an inexpensive one on eBay to try out on my nightstand. If nothing else, the ability to simply drop the phone on the charging mat without having to physically plug in the phone has spoiled me. The mat remains plugged in all the time, so in that sense the iPhone itself is "wireless". It saves a little wear and tear on the Lightning connector. But mostly, it's convenient to set the phone down without having it tethered to anything, and then just pick it up and go when I need to.

trusso

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
Not gonna dispute the convenience factor for those who have it. I can be a sucker for technology like anyone else. Still...

the-things-you-own-end-up-owning-you-tyler-durden-fight-club-quotes.jpg

Reactions: hourglass111

hourglass111

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Ohio Valley
I already have this and it's one of my favorite low-key, passive devices. It's perfect for an active environment where you use the phone constantly. I found that I would just stop plugging the phone in if I kept using it frequently, and by the time I needed it for the long haul it was too low.

These things are convenient for "micro charges" where repeated 15 minute sessions on the pad can allow for an hour long call/navigation/etc later on in the day.

Reactions: ronntaylor

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004

I said the same thing until I got one for super cheap and put in my bedroom stand. The lightning cables, even my expensive braided one fail after a given number of years. So my innotech panda wireless charger will work for years and years based on the fact it never gets moved. I’m gonna order one for my office

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I didn't either until I got an inexpensive one on eBay to try out on my nightstand. If nothing else, the ability to simply drop the phone on the charging mat without having to physically plug in the phone has spoiled me. The mat remains plugged in all the time, so in that sense the iPhone itself is "wireless". It saves a little wear and tear on the Lightning connector. But mostly, it's convenient to set the phone down without having it tethered to anything, and then just pick it up and go when I need to.

Exactly. I’ve bought so called heavy/reinforced iPhone cables that eventually fails. All I need it is to charge it at night. But eventually it stops working.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Hmm...maybe a reason to finally go wireless. Haven't gotten any of these cause they are too expensive. 50% off an already low price sounds good. Will have to check this one out.
Ya that’s what I thought as well. It’s seriously $9. People are crazy to pay $70 for Apple store Belkin wireless chargers.

Reactions: ronntaylor

Whathappened

Suspended
Mar 15, 2018
I used to say the same but you’re thinking too theoretically.
In real life the advantage is undeniable.

It’s maybe comparable to the fact that it makes a big difference when you are able to optimize a website so visitors have to make only one or two clicks less to reach their goal.
It only saves a second or two but it’s a huge difference in experience.

elchubi

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2014
Would you please enable the promo code on worldwide amazon stores? Vendor is the same cloetech via Amazon

trusso

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
Ever tried to do that with only 1 hand?
:rolleyes:

Yes, actually, and it's possible. But if one or both of my hands are full, I generally... set the items aside first. :eek:

Again, I'm not denying the convenience factor, but those of you who are supporting the wireless-charging products have to think up the most arcane scenarios to explain why it's needed. It's not. You made a luxury purchase, and it's convenient, but it's not needed. Just make sure you're being honest with yourselves. ;)

I used to say the same but you’re thinking too theoretically.
In real life the advantage is undeniable.
Like I said, convenient, but not necessary (as in food and water).
tumblr_l9fgwkRzkL1qaq4ego1_500.png

Y'all have fun with your toys, though. :p

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
:rolleyes:

Yes, actually, and it's possible. But if one or both of my hands are full, I generally... set the items aside first. :eek:

Again, I'm not denying the convenience factor, but those of you who are supporting the wireless-charging products have to think up the most arcane scenarios to explain why it's needed. It's not. You made a luxury purchase, and it's convenient, but it's not needed. Just make sure you're being honest with yourselves. ;)

Like I said, convenient, but not necessary (as in food and water).
tumblr_l9fgwkRzkL1qaq4ego1_500.png

Y'all have fun with your toys, though. :p
How many seconds did that take you?
Compare that to just dropping the phone on the charging pad.

fairuz

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2017
Silicon Valley
Wireless charging on the iPhone is better just cause the cable situation is awful. The slot itself rejects cables when it's slightly dirty, and it deems overpriced licensed cables "non-genuine" randomly. Apple's own cables don't have that issue but break super easily. I don't even care about wireless charging, just want to charge.

Was trying to charge my phone in a Chevy today. Cable kept popping in and out, triggering CarPlay to block my entire friggin phone screen for 20 seconds each time, as if it's such a big deal when really it just provides a crappy interface to play my music that iPod-compatible cars from 2003 did a better job with. What were they thinking??
[doublepost=1529203724][/doublepost]
Ever tried to do that with only 1 hand?
No, cause there's no need to.

Last edited:

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
I’ve said this before but the original 30 pin cable when the iPhone first came out was superior! Then there was a point when the iPhone became mainstream and the quality dropped. The original good quality cables lasted but the sh*t ones do not.

The fact that we can get a charging solution (that’s wireless), is universal (and affordable), works with multiple devices not just iPhone should be celebrated not shatted on. Be glad we have this option. If you moved on from the iPhone to an android you can still use these wireless solutions is great. Less trees to die lol

trusso

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2003
How many seconds did that take you?
Compare that to just dropping the phone on the charging pad.
If you can't spare a couple extra seconds out of the 86,400 that are given to you each day, then you must be way too busy to even be posting on this forum. :rolleyes: Lord help me if I'm ever sooo busy I can't spend 5 extra seconds to plug something in.

Honestly... slow down. Smell the flowers. We're all headed toward the same finish line, but there's no need to be in such a hurry on our way there. ;)

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
If you can't spare a couple extra seconds out of the 86,400 that are given to you each day, then you must be way too busy to even be posting on this forum. :rolleyes: Lord help me if I'm ever sooo busy I can't spend 5 extra seconds to plug something in.

Honestly... slow down. Smell the flowers. We're all headed toward the same finish line, but there's no need to be in such a hurry on our way there. ;)
My point is, those seconds for you can be saved from fidgeting the charger cable into the phone 1 handed.
Is it wasteful? Is it stress-inducing?
A convenience feature is something good to have. Is it needed for everyone? Maybe not.
We can all go back and live without TV, internet, vehicles, and heck, no air conditioners.
But would we prefer to have those?
To each and their own.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.