Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Plex to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a media bundle that includes a lifetime Plex Pass and a 2TB Western Digital My Cloud Home connected storage device.

Plex is an all-in-one media hub that organizes your entire library of content, from TV shows and movies to music, photos, and more. Plex also offers free access to news, web shows, podcasts, and, for cord cutters, live television access when paired with an antenna.

plexdevices-800x546.jpg

Plex is free to download and use as a media server, but advanced music, photo, TV, and movie features like live TV, automatic photo upload, lyric search, and more, require the Plex Pass. Plex Pass is $119 for a lifetime pass, $4.99 per month, or $39.99 per year.

To use Plex, you need a media hub where all of your content is stored, and that's where the Western Digital My Cloud Home portion of the giveaway comes into play. Until recently, Plex had a cloud service that let you access your media content anywhere, but that's been discontinued.

plexwebshows2-800x450.jpg

Luckily, with connected devices like the Western Digital My Cloud Home, you can still access your media library from anywhere. My Cloud Home is a network attached storage device, which means it connects to the internet and makes whatever's stored on it accessible even when you're away from home.

mycloudhomewesterndigital2-800x648.jpg

To use this combo, all you need to do is set up the My Cloud Home, install the Plex Media Server software on it, and then upload your media content like music, photos, and more. Then with the Plex app on the Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and other devices, you can access all of your content anytime, anywhere.

This same setup works with any NAS, and it also works with a plain old hard drive or Mac when you're connected to your home WiFi network.

We have three My Cloud Home drives from Western Digital paired with three lifetime Plex passes to give away to MacRumors readers. To enter to win our giveaway, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winners and send the prizes. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, following us on Instagram, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years or older and Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (November 2) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on November 9. The winners will be chosen randomly on November 9 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Lifetime Plex Pass and 2TB Western Digital My Cloud Home

Reactions: seinman

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
Anyone who hasn't used Plex should really look in to it. It's fairly simple to setup up and gives you a lot of freedom in consuming media. Loving being able to share my library with the family and watch on any device. The software isn't perfect but I run in to very few issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.