Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with WaterField Designs to offer MacBook and MacBook Pro users a chance to win a Syde MacBook Case or a Maxwell Sleeve for their notebooks.

Available for the MacBook, the 2016 13-inch MacBook Pro and the 2016 15-inch MacBook Pro, the Syde MacBook Case is priced at $159 and is a simple, slim bag that can hold a MacBook and a few other accessories. Made from either black ballistic nylon or a brown waxed canvas, the bag has a simple magnetic closure so it's easy to get a MacBook in and out.

sydecase-800x300.jpg

A padded neoprene sleeve keeps the MacBook safe from bumps and scratches and a leather front pocket holds a charger and other odds and ends. A leather handle is included, as is a strap, and there's also a rear pocket for holding documents.

sydecase2.jpg

The Maxwell Sleeve is also available for the 12-inch MacBook and the two new MacBook Pro models, plus there's an iPad Pro version for Apple's 12.9-inch tablet.

Priced at $99 to $119, the Maxwell Sleeve is available in a water-repellant Nanotex-coated material, waxed canvas, or ballistic nylon, and it comes in several different colors (kelly, crimson, slate, cobalt, black ballistic, and waxed canvas, a brown shade).

maxwellsleeve-800x204.jpg

Like the Syde, the Maxwell uses a simple noiseless magnetic closure and offers padded protection for the MacBook, plus it can be ordered in vertical or horizontal orientation. It doesn't have additional pockets or straps (but you can get one if you want), so it's ideal for sticking into another bag or backpack.

maxwellsleeve2.jpg

We're giving away one Syde and one Maxwell, with winners to choose size and color. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prize. You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (January 13) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on January 20. The winners will be chosen randomly on January 20 and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before new winners are chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Case or Sleeve for Your MacBook From WaterField Designs

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Would love to enter but I need to subscribe to the YouTube page? I don't have a google account anymore because I deleted it years ago. Lame.
It's my understanding that you can use as many of the six entry methods as you wish to increase your chances of winning. Without a YouTube account, you still have 5/6 entries into the contest.

As far as lameness goes, complaining about possibly not getting something for free because you don't want to recreate an account is a pretty good example.

Reactions: autrefois

Michael F. Assbender

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2015
FREE Waterfield gear? I'm always up for that. But they're never getting another dime from me since they said they'd repair my Waterfield bag for free, but then refused. They had me ship it over at my own expense, then tell me they couldn't fix it because they no longer stocked the material, even though I had sent them photos of the damage before they agreed to fix it. Then they ignored all my subsequent requests for reimbursing my shipping costs. Way to go, Gary. I had bought so many things from you, but you lost a customer for life.

sziehr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
I just got my new staad bag. I adore it already and I have had it for all of 30 minutes. Talk about a timely post.

The 13 pro fits perfect. The iPad slides in the back. The accessory bag I bought hold all the cables and dongles.

I could not be happier with the bag.

Reactions: SFbags

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Waterfield bags and cases are pure quality. I have two "gear cases" for my iPhone/iPods. Absolutely love it and people ask all the time where I got it.

Best of all…. all their products are made in America. Waterfield products are not cheap, but just looking and touching one and you can tell they are made from quality material and quality build. My iPhone gear case is probably the ONLY such case/gearbag that is padded. And my gearbag is made with real canvas. You just cannot get something like it from anywhere else. Especially not from the cheap Chinese-made products.

1YcgO5CkyS2oxMPfl6NwUZ-IxPlqJO63RV2K-v_o17E_grande.jpg

I'd love to win one of these Waterfield MacBook cases…. if I had a MacBook. LOL

Watch Gary!

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
I love my Waterfield bag. Too bad I can't enter because I'm Canadian.

I won one of these contests once. I'll trade you my prize for your national health care.
[doublepost=1484535352][/doublepost]
I was wondering the same thing. I have entered a ton of these contests, but never once seen a winner announced or heard from another user saying they won.

I won once.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
I've got a Waterfield sleeve I've been using through the lifetimes of two consecutive 11" MacBook Airs over about 5 years -- it basically still looks new.

It's a shame, really, because the laptop form factor it's designed to fit will probably be gone long before the thing wears out. All this is to say, it's been a really solid piece of equipment.

Reactions: SFbags
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.