Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryanboling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
I'm a nurse practitioner and I have to keep a log of the procedures that I do for hospital credentialing purposes. Right now we write it down on a piece of paper and then have to transcribe that into an email once a year to send to the credentialing committee. That's fine except it's kind of a pain to do and sometimes I'm busy and forget to do it or my paper is in another place and I don't want to walk back to the office to get it. I was hoping there was an app I could get for my phone to do it. I've searched and found a few, but they're all more complex than I need and therefore make the process harder, not easier. I've got a background in web design (I know a little javascript, PHP, HTML, SQL) and so I got to thinking, how hard would it be to do myself? I don't want to necessarily market this app, I'd mainly want to use it and share it with my coworkers. Basically, I'd need a field for the medical record number, the date (awesome if it would default to today) and a drop down where I could select the procedure that was done. Then be able to generate a report to email. It would be great to be able to use the phone's bar code scanner to scan the patient's bracelet. They all are coded with the medical record number. That would make it even easier. Is this something that I could do myself? Any advice about how to go about it?

Thanks!
Bryan

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
You could also leverage your web experience and use tools like PhoneGap to fill in the missing bits. Publishing to the App Store is a complex process, but Apple has a bunch of documentation on it to help. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.