Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thussy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Is there anyway around it, the person I talked to over the phone said there's no way about it.

I was gone for 2 months where there was no internet access without travelling for hours. Do they have no mercy?

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Oh that sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I missed the 100 back deal by 2-3 days... Oh I was pissed, but then turned around and saw my PB 17, and felt better. I also didnt want to cut up my box, dunno why, but they want the sticker on a piece of box, not just the sticker.

Mood

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2005
NY
Say this "So, wait, let me just take a minute to get this all straight. I'm essentially getting penalized for my willingness to not just purchase Apple products, but to purchase upgraded more expensive Applecare. Being a loyal customer and purchasing an more expensive, better computer hasn't helped me, but has really harmed me. I will make sure to tell everyone I know that buying a more expensive model without Applecare is worthless and should check out Dell. I thought Apple was different from the other companies, but it seems that Apple only cares about the money and not its valued customers. I'll just get a Dell if my computer breaks down because if you're not giving me applecare after 7 days, and this laptop breaks down, i can't afford to get another Apple computer. Since Apple doesn't really appreciate their loyal customers that decide to give more money to their company, I don't know if I can recommend Apple to any of my friends and family anymore. I really don't think that's just. Tacos will be outlawed in a thousand years! and we all know why... Anti-Taco lesgislation! Dissestablishmentarianism! heh.."

Don't sound mean, hostile, annoying to the people on the phone, you don't want to piss them off. If you do things correctly and talk soothly and politely you might have a chance.

Attachments

• Hacker Bomb.jpg
    Hacker Bomb.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 183

mikeyredk

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2003
YOU CAN STILL DO IT

IF you bought the applcare box before the termination of the original applecare

Applespider

macrumors G4
Hang about - you have a year from the original purchase to buying the Applecare. You were away for the last 2 months. That means you still had 10 months in which to get the Applecare... it's not like they don't tell you it has to be within 12 months.

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
I'm curious. Don't credit card companies in the US offer an extra year's warranty as part of their basic features? I can't see spending $400cdn on Apple"care" for what would basically be a one year warranty. Besides, after two years, I'd either sell it and buy something else, or if something goes wrong, its usually something fairly easy to fix (like a hard drive or ram).

simon-says

macrumors regular
May 24, 2005
Louisiana
I'm sorry but it looks like you are out of luck. You could've been the most loyal Apple customer but it doesn't make it fair to give it to you a week later. If you get it a week later, then everyone should. So AppleCare should be extended to 1 Year 1 Week, of course this is a little farfetched but I'm trying to get a point across. Giving you a year to buy it was a luxury, most companies don't even give you that. You had a whole year to buy it, it's not like you didn't have a chance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.