Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mophie today announced it is launching a new line of basic charging accessories for Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad, including a wireless charging pad, two car chargers, and a variety of USB and Lightning cables.

mophie-charging-accessories-iphone-ipad.jpg

Wireless charging pad: Delivers up to 7.5W of power on contact to recharge Qi-enabled devices like the iPhone 8 or newer. Available in white or black. Can charge through cases up to 3mm thick. $39.95.
USB-A car charger: Single USB-A port with 12W charging output. Made of anodized aluminum with charge-indicator light. $24.95.
Dual USB-A car charger: Two USB-A ports with 12W charging output. Made of anodized aluminum with charge-indicator light. $29.95.
USB-A to Lightning cable: 1-meter cable for $19.95. 2-meter cable for $29.95.
USB-C to Lightning cable: 1-meter cable for $19.95. 2-meter cable for $34.95.
USB-A to USB-C cable: 1-meter cable for $19.95. 2-meter cable for $24.95.
USB-C to USB-C cable: 1-meter cable for $19.95. 2-meter cable for $24.95.The accessories will be available on Apple.com and in select Apple Stores starting today, followed by Mophie.com later in July.

Product listings are not immediately available, but they should be soon.

Article Link: Mophie Launching New Line of iPhone and iPad Charging Basics at Select Apple Stores

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
Basic accessories at decidedly premium prices. Since when does the mophie brand name command such prices for “basic charging accessories”?

They might sell fine, but not to me. $20 for 1m charging cables? No thanks. Charging pad (Anker $20) and especially the car chargers (Anker $10 for 24W dual) are overpriced as well, imo.

Last edited:

code-m

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2006
And we need this why, anyone hear of Amazon even without prime it arrives in 2 days. Worth waiting to save more.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Does Wireless charging pad include charging adapter? If so, $39.95 isn't a bad deal, especially coming from Mophie.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Basic accessories at decidedly premium prices. Since when does the mophie brand name command such prices for “basic charging accessories”?

They might sell fine, but not to me. $20 for 1m charging cables? No thanks. Charging pad (Anker $20) and especially the car chargers (Anker $10 for 24W dual) are overpriced as well.
You can get a 4 pack of lightning cables on amazon now for $8, lol.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
You can get a 4 pack of lightning cables on amazon now for $8, lol.
Personally I stay away from no-name cables but the ones I buy are still a lot cheaper than these mophie ones. For instance I just paid $12 for a 3m long Anker cable. Certified MFi and I don’t have to worry I’ll burn the house down :eek: For the same reason, I only buy Apple charging adapters. I’ve only got older devices so I’m using the 12W charger, it’s worth $19 (to me) and the charging speeds are decent with a 6s and iPad mini 4.

Last edited:

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Personally I stay away from no-name cables but they’re still s lot cheaper than these mophie ones. For instance I just paid $12 for a 3m long Anker cable. Certified MFi and I don’t have to worry I’ll burn the house down :eek: For the same reason I only buy Apple charging adapters. I’ve only got older devices so I’m using the 12W charger, it’s worth $19 (to me) and the charging speeds are decent with a 6s and iPad mini 4.
Yeah as long as it’s MFi certified, get the cheapest ones you can get. Even if you get a 4 pack on amazon and they break quickly, you can get 2 packs of that and it’ll still be cheaper than one Mophie. I doubt it lasts longer than 8 cheap cables.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
Yeah as long as it’s MFi certified, get the cheapest ones you can get. Even if you get a 4 pack on amazon and they break quickly, you can get 2 packs of that and it’ll still be cheaper than one Mophie. I doubt it lasts longer than 8 cheap cables.

The only cables I've ever had trouble with have been the 'slim head' Dock cables. Generally speaking, I only buy Apple and Anker.

That doesn't take into account cat teeth, however.

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.