Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PalacePlayers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Hi

I recently sold my iMac to buy the rMBP. To store my music I transferred it all to my iPad. However, now I need to transfer it back to my new Mac. I was planning on using MusicRescue, but it seems like it doesn't support the iPad.

Do you guys know any app that transfers music from iPad to Mac seemlessly, preferably App Store?

PalacePlayers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
DeTune, the successor to exPod might be able to help.

Btw, do you have some kind of backup system, in case important data gets lost?

I have 90% of the music on my iPhone, so I'm not completely screwed I guess.

Is there any serious risk involved in this? Can this application really delete my music from my iPad?

Nov 28, 2010
located
I have 90% of the music on my iPhone, so I'm not completely screwed I guess.

Is there any serious risk involved in this? Can this application really delete my music from my iPad?

No, DeTune will not delete any data.
With backup I just meant, if you employ some kind of backup strategy in general (online cloud backup via Dropbox or offline backup via external HDD).
Any device can fail, it does not have to, but it can, and what if your important data (music can generally be re-ripped) like private documents (text or photos or videos) is gone?
I have one 500 GB HDD for my photographs (digital and analog) libraries and editing documents, one 500 GB HDD with my personal video footage in an editing friendly format.
Both 500 GB HDDs get backed up to one 1 TB HDD via CarbonCopyCloner.
And that 1 TB HDD gets backed up to another 1 TB HDD via CarbonCopyCloner.
Therefore I have three copies of my important data.

PalacePlayers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Oh, I have my most valuable files backuped in the sky, but I might buy me a harddrive just to be safe.

Also, deTune was ok, but it would have been nice if there was an app that copied my playlists, listening stats etc too..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.