Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
Chicago
The MX510 is a very well designed mouse and fits my hand well. It's been my weapon of choice for several years now and has done me no wrong.

As soon as I plugged it into my MBP I noticed it wasn't working properly. At high speeds the mouse is fine. I use a SteelPad (treated aluminum) and it tracks smoothly. At low speeds it seems like the mouse sensivity changes or something...and becomes inconsistent. I've tried it on my desk (no mouse pad) but to no avail.

This leads me to believe it's simply a software issue. The drivers are straight off the Logitech site. I'm confused @_@

Side note: When I boot camp Windows XP or Vista it runs just as it used to.

Whyyyyyyy?

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
When I connected the mouse that came with my old Gateway computer it worked fine, except was a little jumpy now and then. Got a wireless bluetooth mightymouse and never had the jumpiness again.

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
The MX510 is a very well designed mouse and fits my hand well. It's been my weapon of choice for several years now and has done me no wrong.

As soon as I plugged it into my MBP I noticed it wasn't working properly. At high speeds the mouse is fine. I use a SteelPad (treated aluminum) and it tracks smoothly. At low speeds it seems like the mouse sensivity changes or something...and becomes inconsistent. I've tried it on my desk (no mouse pad) but to no avail.

This leads me to believe it's simply a software issue. The drivers are straight off the Logitech site. I'm confused @_@

Side note: When I boot camp Windows XP or Vista it runs just as it used to.

Whyyyyyyy?

I've always felt that Logitech drivers are really bad for macs, so i don't use them, and stick with the builtin macosx drivers. Unfortunately you don't have that much customization withouth the logitech drivers, but it works pretty decent out of the box and in most apps you can config the the thumb-buttons.

I'm using a mx500 (on PM g4), mx510 (iMac G5), mx 518 (MacbookPro SR)

Tasc

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2007
Mac OS X handles mouse acceleration differently than windows. Those used to the way the mouse moves slowly on windows will need to adjust to the mac, because the mouse usually feels more sluggish at slow speeds.

Here is some more info with some solutions:
http://db.tidbits.com/article/8893

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.