Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Took it to the Apple Store and got it exchanged. New has one too. I'm just going to return it and keep the 5S. Just really bums me out on a day that was supposed to be so fun.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
take it back and get another one? open it in store and make sure it doesn't. mine doesn't.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
My second one was the replacement. The store was so crazy I didn't get to look at it well.

davefromca

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Santa Barbara
One time I bought an xbox 360, first three gave me the red signal for bad hard drive. On the thrid trip the manager came out and said "you cant keep doing this" and im like "Dude I WANT an xbox stop selling broken ****." The 4th one worked for about 5 months then I got the red ring of death lol...

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
Took it to the Apple Store and got it exchanged. New has one too. I'm just going to return it and keep the 5S. Just really bums me out on a day that was supposed to be so fun.

Just play the exchanging game.
Took me amost one month of exchange for iPhone 4s to find a phone without dead/stuck pixels.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Just play the exchanging game.
Took me amost one month of exchange for iPhone 4s to find a phone without dead/stuck pixels.

I did that with the 5. Its just not worth my time. Sorry Im venting here guys #

Scolopax

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
My 6+ appears to have a dead pixel too. It's tiny, but has totally bummed me out. I'm going to take it to an Apple Store and request a replacement. This is a totally white picture used for detecting dead pixels:
attachment.php

And this is a picture of my settings screen:
attachment.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.