Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
My Screen cracked on my iPhone and im freaking out. What can I do ?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Pay Apple $249 to get it fixed. And be more careful next time.

Bossx20

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2004
take it to the genius bar and hope they are empathetic.

the corner of mine cracked monday. took it to the genius bar (austin - barton creek) and after a couple of minutes of convincing, they acknowledged they could repair it for free. they let me know i was lucky, and this is only "a one time thing".

today, i picked it up at the store. it was a brand new iphone.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Damn. Its lame. I got a belkin case and the damn case is defective because its way to loose so the phone just slid out while i was walking and the screen cracked on the concrete.

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
Earlier this morning I backed my Acura TL into a pole. I called Honda and asked them to send me a new car for free. Can you BELIEVE they had the audacity to tell me that I would have to pay for the repairs myself? Honda's really going to start losing customers with that kind of attitude. I mean I'd expect to have to pay for the repairs for a Corolla, but this is a $35k car we're talking about here!

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
The thing was that it wasnt my fault. I didnt drop the phone. The case was defective so it didnt keep the phone secure.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
my case was defective as well imo in that it scratched the phone all up. Sucks to buy a protective device and to have it actually play a part in actual damage.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
The thing was that it wasnt my fault. I didnt drop the phone. The case was defective so it didnt keep the phone secure.

Still accidental damage. If you really want, call the case company and ask them what they'll do about it, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

calculus

Dec 12, 2005

If the case was defective then you should be talking to the people who sold you it.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
The case company is Belkin, i sent them an email as well.

thomasfxlt

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
That truly sucks. My inCase is sloppy now as well. I'm searching for it's replacement. So far the device is yet to leave my pocket "caseless". It's way to slick to handle without something.

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
Earlier this morning I backed my Acura TL into a pole. I called Honda and asked them to send me a new car for free. Can you BELIEVE they had the audacity to tell me that I would have to pay for the repairs myself? Honda's really going to start losing customers with that kind of attitude. I mean I'd expect to have to pay for the repairs for a Corolla, but this is a $35k car we're talking about here!

Just take it to the Acura Genius Bar...I hear they are replacing them for free as long as you caused the damage.

pixlnet

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
I think you can buy a replacement glass and touchscreen from a repair company. If you're on the cheap...it might be the best thing to do. Otherwise....put the thing on your homeowners insurance or get squaretrade insurance.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Im sending it in for service. Can anyone tell me how to back up the device?

Twinkie

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Milford, MI
Just take it to the Acura Genius Bar...I hear they are replacing them for free as long as you caused the damage.
I tried that yesterday after reading some posts here, and the guy told me that I would have to pay out of pocket, and that I'd have to rent a car while my Acura is being fixed!!!

I don't know what kind of shenanigans they're trying to pull over there, but I told that guy that I AM VERY IMPORTANT and that I most assuredly would not be leaving until they gave me a new car.

You'd think that would have shown him that I am a loyal Acura buyer and that he wasn't dealing with a consumer who was going to take it lying down, but no, he went and called the police.

CLASS ACTION SUIT, ANYONE?!?!!!?!!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.