Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
This may be trivial to some, but would be helpful to me, and perhaps others. I frequently go to the User CP to view my New Subscribed Threads list, to see which threads have new posts that I need to read. If a thread on the list has a post I haven't read, it appears in bold text, which is quite helpful. However, if my own post appears as the last post, this also appears in bold. It would be ideal if the thread wouldn't appear in bold if the last post is mine. Possible?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I've seen this a few times. What browser are you using? I have a feeling it's specific to how MR has its forums setup. Maybe arn can give some info.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
I've seen this a few times. What browser are you using? I have a feeling it's specific to how MR has its forums setup. Maybe arn can give some info.
Safari 5.0.6 on one Mac (my primary) and 5.1.2 on another.

Nick16

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
FL
That's odd.. when I go to my User CP, read one of the unread subscribed threads (in bold), then come back to my User CP, it's no longer bold.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
That's odd.. when I go to my User CP, read one of the unread subscribed threads (in bold), then come back to my User CP, it's no longer bold.
That's as it should be. The bold should indicate only those threads that have a new post that you haven't read yet. The problem is, if the most recent post is mine, I don't want it to be bold, since I not only read that post... I wrote it!

I also have the problem that if I click a bold link on that list to read a thread, then go back to the list, many times the link is still bold. I have to click the same link and read the same last post 2 or 3 times for it to no longer show as bold.

BreakGuy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NZ, South Pacific
Mine does the same. If I post a reply then head over to my CP that thread has been bolded and I'm still the last poster.

Same thing happens in the forums too. If there's one unread thread in a forum, that I read/post in then head directly back to the forum home page that forum still shows that there's an unread thread in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.