Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clcsballin14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Hey, Ive been having a hell of a time trying to figure this out. I just bought an Ericsson w300i flip phone. its a walkman and can be an mp3 player. They sent me a cd with software, but its for windows.. so I tried downloading some software (I dont know if its the right stuff but thats a different thought).. What I really need help with is a memory stick. I bought one and i have no idea how to use it. there werent any instalation instructions. What software do I need and what hardware? It gave me a chip to insert in the phone, which worked, but it gave me another chip to insert in an "adapter" ? thanks for the help, by the way im working with a Memory Stick Micro (M2)

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
If it has bluetooth just setup Bluetooth with the phone in System Preferences==>Bluetooth==>Devices==>Set up new device, and then use Bluetooth File Exchange in /Applications/Utilities.

clcsballin14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
If it has bluetooth just setup Bluetooth with the phone in System Preferences==>Bluetooth==>Devices==>Set up new device, and then use Bluetooth File Exchange in /Applications/Utilities.

Will i need to buy extra hardware for my MAC, I tried that and it says i need a "Bluetooth Module"

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
What Mac have you got? All the Intel ones have bluetooth except the Mac Pro. Otherwise you could get a bluetooth USB adapter, or you could get a card reader which reads memory sticks.

clcsballin14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I have a Mac OS X and im using Version 10.3.9... i did all you said and it gave me the message "No Bluetooth Hardware found" In order to use this application, you must have a bluetooth module.PLease verify that your Bluetooth hardware is properly attached to the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.