Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nintendo today released its promised Super Mario Run sticker pack designed for the Messages App Store, offering Nintendo fans a selection of high-quality Super Mario stickers to share.

The Super Mario Run sticker pack can be downloaded on an iOS device, but it is not listed in the dedicated Messages App Store nor can it be installed on a device running an iOS 10 beta or the iOS 10 golden master.

supermariorunstickerpack-800x470.jpg

When iOS 10 becomes available to the public tomorrow morning, the Super Mario Run sticker pack, along with other sticker packs, will be accessible. We expect to see iOS 10 released right around 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 13.

Unveiled at Apple's September 9 event, Super Mario Run is an upcoming Mario-themed endless runner. In the game, Mario runs forward continuously while players jump to collect coins and avoid enemies, and there's also a "Toad Rally" battle mode for competing against other players.

Apple is promoting Super Mario Run heavily, including offering a new "Notify" system in the App Store that will let players know when it's released. According to the Super Mario Run Stickers app, Super Mario Run will see an official launch in December of 2016.

Article Link: Nintendo's Super Mario Run Sticker Pack Launches Ahead of iOS 10

okboy

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2010
You have to specifically search for Mario. Otherwise it doesn't show up with the rest of sticker packs.

How do you search in the Messages store?

EDIT: Found it in the app store by viewing Nintendo Co Ltd's apps.

devincentis

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2016
I get how to use the stickers like a pic, but how do I use the stickers above/on a text? And how do I use the mustache on a face? I'm not quite following...

Reactions: sweatshop

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Since the Messages App Store just launched, the sticker pack is available. Wish these were animated though... having used a ton of sticker packs during the beta, animated stickers is where it's at.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
People are actually admitting to buying this? That's gotta be an instant ban on MR, surely?

poppy10

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
UK
Oh god, this is going to be the next "Apple Watch strap" meme

Every time Apple announce a new sticker pack instead of an actual product update we will get all the complaints about lack of innovation

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
ugh, static stickers are so boring.

Then use some of the animated ones like the PAC Man collection
[doublepost=1473730855][/doublepost]
What are the prices or they're free?

Free or a buck from what I'm seeing
[doublepost=1473733365][/doublepost]
I get how to use the stickers like a pic, but how do I use the stickers above/on a text? And how do I use the mustache on a face? I'm not quite following...

Drag them up into the text area. Can be anywhere. Think of it as an unlimited virtual whiteboard

Fzang

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Interesting. Shame that everyone I know uses Facebook Messenger though. Automated reminders (e.g. doctor, mail) are the only things I get in the Messages app nowadays.

You're way too late to the party, Apple.

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
Stickers is one of those rare occasions where Apple made the feature look worse in their demo than it actually is. When you consider the vast number of properties and themes that can be implemented, there's going to be something for everyone.

As for myself, a good ol' Picard facepalm cannot come soon enough.

Screen_Shot_2016_09_13_at_16_25_24.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.