Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shutter1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, hope someone can help..thanks..

I do not have any audio output on my Macbook Pro when running on mac os. However, there is still the start up chime sound. It shows a stop sign when I tried to increase or decrease the volume. Sound panel shows 'no audio output'. No red led light from the headphone jack as well.

However, when running window 7 on bootcamp, I do have audio from my internal speaker and there is a red led right from the headphone jack. Headphone works.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Check System Preferences > Sound > Output or OPTION/Alt click the sound/volume icon in the Menu Bar and tell us, what is listed and checked as Output Device.

2012_01_04_pC1_OptionClickVOLUMEicon.png

NiCk-

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Check System Preferences > Sound > Output or OPTION/Alt click the sound/volume icon in the Menu Bar and tell us, what is listed and checked as Output Device.

I tried that and checked the "SAMSUNG" option but got the message that I mentioned at the title .. Would it make any difference if I connected the laptop to a different HDMI port ?? I connected it at HDMI4 ..

Nov 28, 2010
located
I tried that and checked the "SAMSUNG" option but got the message that I mentioned at the title .. Would it make any difference if I connected the laptop to a different HDMI port ?? I connected it at HDMI4 ..
What exact adapter do you use? And not, the HDMI input on your TV shouldn't matter.
What exact Mac with what exact Mac OS X version do you use?
Hi,

'No output device found' was what I got

What exact Mac with what exact Mac OS X version do you use?
To find out what Mac OS X version you run, click :apple: > About This Mac:
IDyourMacOS.png
To find out, what exact Mac model you use, click :apple: > About This Mac > More Info > Hardware Overview:
IDyourMacModel.png
To see a more elaborate image explaining the above steps, click here.
To see a more detailed video tutorial showing the above steps, click here (2 MB, 23s, .mp4).​

shutter1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
Hi,

Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5

NiCk-

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Ok I got it .. System Preferences > Sound > Sound Effects > Play sound effects through > Samsung ( e.g. ) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.