Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As with Apple's events throughout 2020 and 2021, today's media event kicking off at 10:00 am Pacific Time will be entirely online and likely a pre-recorded stream from Apple Park. Still, some MacRumors readers who can't follow the event as it's being broadcast are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until the event has ended and is available for on-demand viewing so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

10.18.21-event-banner-16X9.jpg

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with a direct link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Apple's recent virtual events have been made available to view almost immediately following the conclusion of the broadcasts, and we expect similar timing for today's event.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events as they occur refrain from making any posts about Apple's announcements in this thread.

Update: The full video is available on Apple's website as a direct link to the video file with no spoilers.

Article Link: October 2021 Apple Event Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

Last edited:

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
I'm really looking forward to see what Apple can do at this time apart from global chipset shortage 2021.

NotTooLate

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2020
What is the structure going to be ? straight to MBP business ? probably AirPods 3 going first (if at all) , maybe some Intel MacPro updates ?

Going to be a good one today , aside from the obvious marketing and video cuts it would be great to see some demos for the new AS Mac`s , ill take some Blender / Final cut / Logic / PS , but some games will be great to see as well , time to put some money into Take Two pockets and get GTA on board , some into EA`s to get Battlefield as well.

LETS GOOOOO

leicaman

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Carlsbad, CA
What was I thinking last week when I agreed to a 9am procedure to get a CT scan of my root canal and a fitting for my new crown when I knew at the time the event was today at 10am? I'm gonna tell them to hurry, but I guess getting a good crown outweighs what I know about a Mac I won't be buying. (Writing this on an M1 MacBook Pro.)

Stupid me. Thanks for this haven of spoiler-proof news!

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
The excitement for Macs is alive and well! Not in the market but very excited for those who are and what Apple announces today. Have absolutely loved my M1 MacBook Air. The M1 truly has changed the game.

furou

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2019
On iPhone mini the title is displayed as:
“Apple Event Spoiler-
Free Video Stream”

Took me a second to realize it’s about a spoiler-free stream instead of spoiler: free video stream.

The price I pay for having a one handed iPhone ?

slb

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
New Mexico
Does anybody out there actually care about spoilers for a computer company's media event? It's product announcements, not a movie plot.

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
maybe what they will do is unleash the power of the m1 chip in the iPad Pro that I purchased.... but I suppose that's my fault for buying something based on speculation.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
What is the overunder on overall length? 1 hour, 2 hours, 1.5 hours? I’ll take between 60-90 minutes total. Let the games begin!

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
Impossible to watch on Apple TV these days. No amount of searching uncovers it. Go back to the dedicated app, Apple.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Impossible to watch on Apple TV these days. No amount of searching uncovers it. Go back to the dedicated app, Apple.
Just click on the apple events app on Apple TV or the Apple TV app directly. the event is always well displayed and prominent.

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
Just click on the apple events app on Apple TV or the Apple TV app directly. the event is always well displayed and prominent.
There is no longer an Apple Events app and nothing is showing in the TV app. Even Siri has never heard of it, and suggested results are all old events.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
There is no longer an Apple Events app and nothing is showing in the TV app. Even Siri has never heard of it, and suggested results are all old events.
Interesting. I still have the apple events app, and when I click on it it simply says “do you want to open Apple TV app” which is clearly present, and the TOP item is the current event and it’s copied FOUR times at the top of the screen.

Maybe just try streaming on the youtube app on Apple TV, that should work as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.