Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Linux Vista

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
-
I know where to download and upload offline maps when using iOS 9. BUT. How so on iOS 10? Please help you guys.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I know where to download and upload offline maps when using iOS 9. BUT. How so on iOS 10? Please help you guys.
GPS does not = Maps. GPS is the satellite system for pinpointing your location. GPS has nothing to do with being on-line. Maps is one of many types of apps that uses GPS data. The OP questions should be about using Maps off-line.

Linux Vista

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
-
Sorry. I will change the title. Please help me with my issues that I have with Google Maps.
[doublepost=1476494029][/doublepost]LoL. I don't know how to edit them titles. Someone please help me change the title from OffLine GPS? to Google Maps OffLine?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I don't use Google Maps however I just opened it and figured it out in less than 10 seconds. Just clicked on the hamburger menu (top left), and hit the Offline areas (lightning bolt symbol) and it has a list of downloaded sites and has a blue Plus button in the lower right to add more area maps.

Any change in this has nothing to do with iOS9 or iOS10. If there are any changers from previous use then it is changes that Google made to the Google Maps app.

Linux Vista

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
-
Jules. I know what the hamburger button is. BUT. I can't find it on my app. Screenshot will follow.
[doublepost=1476532787][/doublepost]
IMG_0019.jpg

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Google Maps has Offline mode but does not work for ALL cities. Type the name of the city you want and you'll see the option to download for offline use.

Maps (Apple) doesn't offer that option I think.

You can download Maps.me app. It's decent. Very useful for travelling and you can download any map for offline use.

Linux Vista

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
-
LoL 0_O Typical Me
[doublepost=1476541460][/doublepost]I am such a n00b. How to download offline maps a la Apple Maps then?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Jules. I know what the hamburger button is. BUT. I can't find it on my app. Screenshot will follow.
[confused] That is a pic of Apple Maps. Your question asked about Google Maps. There is no map download in Apple Maps but there is in Google Maps.[/confused]

EDIT: Just got home and had the post quote and didn't notice it was already answered by Gav2k.
[doublepost=1476541908][/doublepost]
...How to download offline maps a la Apple Maps then?
You can't because Apple doesn't offer it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.