Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeebedy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Scotland, UK
hey guys,

i have ordered components for my new budget gaming pc, what i would like to know is..can i play on my new PC using the same account on steam with a pc based version as i currently have bought it for the mac? e.g. is it cross-platform for the game?

RTJ

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
hey guys,

i have ordered components for my new budget gaming pc, what i would like to know is..can i play on my new PC using the same account on steam with a pc based version as i currently have bought it for the mac? e.g. is it cross-platform for the game?

RTJ

If the game is available for Mac and PC (most are) than you can play the game on either platform using the same Steam account. Of course you can't play the game on 2 computers at once due to DRM.

Reactions: Zeebedy

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
hey guys,

RTJ

The only exception would be Call of Duty: Black Ops. That game has separate versions for OS X and Windows that are not compatible with each other on Steam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.