Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BUbro90

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Can anyone explain why the keyboard has a different layout? Notice the enter key, caps lock and others are not labeled...

EDIT: Oh, didn't realize UK has a different keyboard...

Gabriel GR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Athens, Greece
Why don't they apply to the newer Lenovos? I've used both the IBM and the Lenovo made ThinkPads, and this is certainly one of the few times where the Chinese haven't screwed something up after taking it over. Also... should point out the mangnesium-alloy chassis (and carbon fiber reinforced plastic casing) are both Lenovo innovations, not IBM.

I don't mean thinkpads but the cheaper models that Levono now offers that weren't available by IBM. You're right my generallization wasn't fair.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Since no one has yet done so, I've taken the liberty of taking this photo of the Anti-Glare UMBP at the Regent Street Apple Store today. As you can see it is the same bezel as the 17" model but I think it looks better on the 15". The screen is amazing guys especially after watching some video on it. Well worth the £40 extra - thinking of snapping one up myself so my dad can have his glassy one back :D
Wow, that looks so much nicer than the glossy version.

Thanks for the picture. :)

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
I think it looks beautiful with the silver bezel. About time Apple got rid of the HP-black. Now I'll just have to repaint the keys silver to match.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I think it looks beautiful with the silver bezel. About time Apple got rid of the HP-black. Now I'll just have to repaint the keys silver to match.
Definitely.

Silver keys would look much nicer. My MBP is an earlier model with matte screen, silver bezel and silver keys. Looks nice and works well.

Gabriel GR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Athens, Greece

I work in an office with huge windows and I really wish they will bring this option to the 13. I might replace mine sooner than I expected based on your pics.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009

Fantastic thanks.

Why are the ports different in the last pic? And which one is which?

JoeDRC

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Fantastic thanks.

The one without the express card slot is the AG MBP.
The MBP line was updated at WWDC and an SD slot was added in place of the express card slot.

inknoise

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2009
Fantastic thanks.

The top one is the newer MacBook Pro. The bottom is the original unibody. They replaced the ExpressCard slot with an SD reader and rearranged the ports in the latest revision.

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Thanks. I have to admit I am now undecided whether matte or glassy is best. :confused:

jpma

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
for a matte display I think it is very good.
is the red color accurate on the matte screen?

I like the silver look, it just bring back the class level of the pre model into the unibody style mixing it both together.

except maybe silver key will be better.
less stain to be seen and slight curve on the buttons.

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
+1

I work in an office with huge windows and I really wish they will bring this option to the 13. I might replace mine sooner than I expected based on your pics.

+1

yeah I have the same situation and while I absolutely adore my new 13 MBP I sometimes wish it wasn't quite so glossy. I do hope that apple eventually offers a matte option for the 13". I thought they learned their lesson when they brought the 13" to the pro line up that it is a bad idea to lock people into certain features just based on the size of the display?:confused:

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
They need the black rubber to be silver rubber.. then it'll look good. I personally think the MBA has the best looking "silver bezel" on these unibody systems.

gianthuman

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
They need the black rubber to be silver rubber.. then it'll look good. I personally think the MBA has the best looking "silver bezel" on these unibody systems.

I completely agree. The black rubber has always looked ugly and out of place to me when compared to how it looks on the air.

bolen

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Sweden
White keys (like those on the external keyboard) would go really nice with that silver bezel.

Looking forward to next summer/autumn, there will probably be some more nice improvements together with a new GPU and the new CPU architecture, just in time for when I most likely will be upgrading. :D

isachse

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009
Wallpaper

Where can I get your cool wallpaper?

Thanks.
-Daniel

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2008
I hope Apple doesn't rid the antiglare option in a couple years altogether.

Might be a stupid question, but is the antiglare an LCD, not LED? Likewise, it isn't a glass bezel?

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006

That 15" matte sure looks gorgeous. 100x better than the glossy! :)

From the looks in the picture the matte looks much brighter (same as the previous gen comparisons of glossy vs. matte, the matte in real life when I owned both were much brighter and had more pop to it compared to the glossy).

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Gloss takes it about 1/2 shades darker than matt.

Finally harmony has returned to apples design philosophy!

Is it a 15" macbook Air, hang on NO!!! its a Macbook brick attacked too the 15" Airs Screen! What going on here!

(btw I don't need a damed optical drive! I have hundreds already!)

But its definitely the best Unibody yet along with the air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.