Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unfeomateo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2003
Does the podcasts app work for anyone. I can get the pictures of the podcast art to come up but when I try and play a podcast the app will close.

I reinstalled the podcasts app with no luck.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
No, I'm struggling with it. it crashes a lot, things don't load correctly... Yeah, it's not just you, for sure.

unfeomateo

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2003
No, I'm struggling with it. it crashes a lot, things don't load correctly... Yeah, it's not just you, for sure.

Thanks for the reply. Its the app I use the most and I have heard nothing about it on here.

So the question now is what third party podcast app works the best?

morphineseason

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
Working fine on iPhone 5 with beta 3. Listened to a few 2+ hour podcasts while doing other stuff on the phone without any issues. Like someone else mentioned though, the search function is non existent in the "store" when trying to find podcasts I'm not already subscribed to.

If you're having issues, try deleting the podcast app and installing it again. If that still doesn't resolve it, try going to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings.

Bujin

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
Personally, I like the Podcast app, but it crashed for me as well in prior betas. Like others have noted, it works now, but can't search. I'm back to Downcast for the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.