Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
It requires you to activate the Health App and allow Pokémon GO to always track your location. I would like to enable it, but not if my battery life decreases noticeably...

Did you notice any change in battery life after enabling Adventure Sync?

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
It requires you to activate the Health App and allow Pokémon GO to always track your location. I would like to enable it, but not if my battery life decreases noticeably...

Why not just give it a go and try it out. See what happens. If it’s a detriment to the battery life then disable it.

basti_no

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017

No

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
It does require you to set your location to “always” but that’s just a loophole they use so the app can wake up every once and while to get the data from the health app. It doesn’t actually use your location at all when the app isn’t running. I’ve noticed no difference in batttery life at all. I play everyday.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Now that I don't need to keep pokemon running in he background to get my steps logged it is better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.