Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
i haven’t made the jump yet or even the decision to get the 12” Macbook (waiting to see what’s announced this year) but I’d love to see other people’s set up with the device :)

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
i haven’t made the jump yet or even the decision to get the 12” Macbook (waiting to see what’s announced this year) but I’d love to see other people’s set up with the device :)

I'd definitely wait. But I did like having one of those. If you don't do any development or anything like that it's a great machine.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
I'd definitely wait. But I did like having one of those. If you don't do any development or anything like that it's a great machine.

The most I do is edit 1080 video in Final Cut Pro, other than that it’s just writing, web browsing and so on.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
p2803757536-5.jpg

My 2017 12" MacBook...... Posing with her new glossy Space Grey Magic Mouse 2. This photo was shot with the iPhone X under natural light. Actually, my normal setup is in another room, where I often sit in a chair with the machine on my lap, my feet and legs propped up. When I travel I sometimes use the machine on a table, other times on the hotel room bed.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Might want to ask in the MacBook forum. I think you could edit video on the MacBook but not sure about performance.

Yea I’ve already done that a few times, I’m just waiting to see what’s released this year (possibly at WWDC). I made this thread just to see people’s set up for the 12” MacBook.
[doublepost=1523122683][/doublepost]
p2803757536-5.jpg

My 2017 12" MacBook...... Posing with her new glossy Space Grey Magic Mouse 2. This photo was shot with the iPhone X under natural light. Actually, my normal setup is in another room, where I often sit in a chair with the machine on my lap, my feet and legs propped up. When I travel I sometimes use the machine on a table, other times on the hotel room bed.

That looks like a nice set up you’ve got there, that space grey mouse looks really nice! I’d be tempted to get one for my iMac but not sure if it would match with the none Space grey iMac I’ve got from 2012.

Last edited:
Reactions: smallcoffee

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Yes, the Space Grey mouse and keyboard look very nice with my silver 2015 MBP, and I daresay the mouse would look nice with a 2012 iMac as well.....

This is my daily setup: 15" MBP, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9, iPhone X, Space Grey Magic Mouse 2 and Space Grey Magic Mouse 2. Trekz headphones under MBP, Samsung T5 2 TB external SSD (used for stashing files that I don't need to keep right on the MBP's 512 internal SSD)

p2803543077-5.jpg

Last edited:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
p2803757536-5.jpg

Have you got a link to the wallpaper? Thanks.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
Yes, the Space Grey mouse and keyboard look very nice with my silver 2015 MBP, and I daresay the mouse would look nice with a 2012 iMac as well.....

This is my daily setup: 15" MBP, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9, iPhone X, Space Grey Magic Mouse 2 and Space Grey Magic Mouse 2. Trekz headphones under MBP, Samsung T5 2 TB external SSD (used for stashing files that I don't need to keep right on the MBP's 512 internal SSD)

p2803543077-5.jpg
Should move this to the "Mac Setup" thread - this is for the 12" Macbook.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
The reason I posted it here is in response to someone else's post wondering if the Space Grey peripherals would look nice with a silver iMac. Since I happened to have a photo showing the Space Grey keyboard and mouse sitting adjacent to my silver MBP, I decided to answer the question by posting the image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.