PowerMac G4s discounted at the Apple Store

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
Check out the link
http://www.apple.com/promo/powermac/

With the new XServe coming out, its a foregone conclusion that the desktops were right behind them. And note the date, July 7th, when does MacWorld NY start????!!!????

Now, to be a G4 or not to be a G4......
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
Originally posted by TyleRomeo
right on man
dual 1.4s sound so nice
With a modified mobo and memmory upgrade. Even being able to have 2 Gigs of RAM. Yeah, it will be nice. Long way to go, though, these next two months will be slow.
 

Darth_Vader

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2002
2
0
Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

With the new rebate on G4's, should I buy now or wait until MacWorld;s announcement in July???

I will also be buying the 17" LCD, which also gives me another rebate if I buy now.

Not sure to wait, or take adavantage of the current rebates. Any thoughts?!?

Thanks

:confused:
 

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
4,206
0
San Destin Florida
Re: Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

Originally posted by Darth_Vader
With the new rebate on G4's, should I buy now or wait until MacWorld;s announcement in July???

I will also be buying the 17" LCD, which also gives me another rebate if I buy now.

Not sure to wait, or take adavantage of the current rebates. Any thoughts?!?

Thanks

:confused:
If you want to save money, buy now. If not. Man, I would have to wait the two months. MWNY is going to be sick huge IMHO. It just depends on whether you cash in your pocket for software / add ons, or you want the fasted bad boy out there.

Me personally, I wait with a big smile on my face.
 

Biggles

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
97
0
Ohio
Re: Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

Originally posted by Darth_Vader
With the new rebate on G4's, should I buy now or wait until MacWorld;s announcement in July???

I will also be buying the 17" LCD, which also gives me another rebate if I buy now.

Not sure to wait, or take adavantage of the current rebates. Any thoughts?!?

Thanks

:confused:
Depends on what you use your Mac for. If you're really into digital video or image editing - wait til July. If you're a home user that just wants a really nice and fast (once Jaguar is released) computer - buy now with the rebates. No matter what, you'll spend less now then later. Just make sure u get the dual processors...OSX just runs soooo much better on duals.
 

theranch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
300
0
Atlantic City area
I'm due

I'm due for a new machine. I bought this 350mhz G4 when they first came out and I felt like an idiot a month later. Now I have learned my lesson and will wait for the July show and see what comes out....it will be a MAJOR upgrade for me whatever it is. Now I just have to save some cash.
 

kidtronix

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2002
153
37
Brooklyn, NY
i think we might see a slightly different box, possible ddr memory, but no ship faster than 1.2ghz, you all should know how apple upgrades by now.