Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Check out the link
http://www.apple.com/promo/powermac/

With the new XServe coming out, its a foregone conclusion that the desktops were right behind them. And note the date, July 7th, when does MacWorld NY start????!!!????

Now, to be a G4 or not to be a G4......

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by TyleRomeo
right on man
dual 1.4s sound so nice

With a modified mobo and memmory upgrade. Even being able to have 2 Gigs of RAM. Yeah, it will be nice. Long way to go, though, these next two months will be slow.

Darth_Vader

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2002
Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

With the new rebate on G4's, should I buy now or wait until MacWorld;s announcement in July???

I will also be buying the 17" LCD, which also gives me another rebate if I buy now.

Not sure to wait, or take adavantage of the current rebates. Any thoughts?!?

Thanks

:confused:

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Re: Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

Originally posted by Darth_Vader
With the new rebate on G4's, should I buy now or wait until MacWorld;s announcement in July???

I will also be buying the 17" LCD, which also gives me another rebate if I buy now.

Thanks

If you want to save money, buy now. If not. Man, I would have to wait the two months. MWNY is going to be sick huge IMHO. It just depends on whether you cash in your pocket for software / add ons, or you want the fasted bad boy out there.

Me personally, I wait with a big smile on my face.

Biggles

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
Ohio
Re: Should I buy now? Or wait until July??

Originally posted by Darth_Vader

Thanks

Depends on what you use your Mac for. If you're really into digital video or image editing - wait til July. If you're a home user that just wants a really nice and fast (once Jaguar is released) computer - buy now with the rebates. No matter what, you'll spend less now then later. Just make sure u get the dual processors...OSX just runs soooo much better on duals.

theranch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Atlantic City area
I'm due

I'm due for a new machine. I bought this 350mhz G4 when they first came out and I felt like an idiot a month later. Now I have learned my lesson and will wait for the July show and see what comes out....it will be a MAJOR upgrade for me whatever it is. Now I just have to save some cash.

kidtronix

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
i think we might see a slightly different box, possible ddr memory, but no ship faster than 1.2ghz, you all should know how apple upgrades by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.