Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gian8989

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2015
I decided to buy VMware fusion 11 to load my bootcamp partition of windows 10 on my iMac with Sierra. Unfortunately i got nothing but problems.
- As soon as windows load there is a message: "Unsupported hardware detected. The program is able to run on Apple hardware only." -->SOLVED (it was a problem with mac fan control)
- Windows is not activated but if i load windows on bootcamp (without VMware) it is activated
- can't find the right settings for monitor in VMware Monitor settings
- If I try to use Unity the app that was open starts to open an unlimited numbers of windows. (link)

I tried Parallels few months ago and don't remember all these problems.
Anyone can help me please?

Last edited:

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You have the same iMac that I have. There should be no problem running Windows 10 on it. You stated that it was a problem with Macs Fan Control? I find that odd as all it does is control the Fan speed and give you a temp read out. I use it all the time but I keep my iMac Fan on normal. In other words, the default. Anyway, glad to hear you resolved it.

gian8989

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2015
You have the same iMac that I have. There should be no problem running Windows 10 on it. You stated that it was a problem with Macs Fan Control? I find that odd as all it does is control the Fan speed and give you a temp read out. I use it all the time but I keep my iMac Fan on normal. In other words, the default. Anyway, glad to hear you resolved it.
I still have all the above problems other that the pop up message. The two that bother me the most are the unity and the license bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.