Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I made a PowerPoint presentation in my MB, I sent it to a guy that has a PC and he was unable to see the pictures because it said: "Quicktime and a TIFF decompressor are needed to see this pictures".

The PC has QT, as about TIFF decompressor, what the hell is this:confused: ? The pics I used where form Google Image search.

And also, why do files don't appear with the Word or PP logo when you pass them from a Mac to a PC?

Thanks,

Roco:)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Roco said:
I made a PowerPoint presentation in my MB, I sent it to a guy that has a PC and he was unable to see the pictures because it said: "Quicktime and a TIFF decompressor are needed to see this pictures".

This sees to have to do with how you got the image into the presentation. It happens sometimes even going from one Windows computer to another. What I would recommend is this: Do NOT drag and drop an image from a web browser into powerpoint. Rather, save it on the desktop or in another location (either by right clicking it or by dragging it to the desktop). Then use the insert picture command in PPT to insert it. Usually when you do this, you do not get the Quicktime issue.

Roco said:
And also, why do files don't appear with the Word or PP logo when you pass them from a Mac to a PC?

Two things: In Office, make sure the button in the save dialog to append a file extension is checked. In Mail.app (if you're using it to send the files), make sure the option in the menus for sending Windows-friendly attachments is selected.

weldon

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
This problem appears when you use drag and drop to insert the pictures into your office documents. The solution is to use the "insert" menu option when adding pictures.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Actually, you can drag and drop images in this way but not directly from a browser. I drag images onto the Desktop from Safari, then drag them back into an open Office window with no such problems. It's annoying, but it's better than individually saving and then importing images. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.