Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sue11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2020
Hello, I have a new Macbook Air M1 256GB. After few hours of using I saw problem with internal keyboard and touchpad. When my MacBook is in the sleep mode and I open it - keyboard and touchpad don’t work. I can use Touch ID but I need to restart MacBook to use it. After restarting keyboard and touchpad are working. It repeats everytime. After sleep mode - not working, then restart - it works. Please help me. I reinstalled macOS.

Sue11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2020
Thank you. I called them. They told me that they can’t help me and I need to send it to service.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Thank you. I called them. They told me that they can’t help me and I need to send it to service.
It does sound like a pretty severe problem and not one that I've seen anyone else report on in this forum. It is likely a hardware problem.

If you are within the return window, don't send it in for service, return it and get a new one.

Testadam

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2021
I started to get the same issue - as soon as i close the lid and reopen the mac - I will loose the keyboard and trackpad. Its not ideal -

NishantDW

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2023
Hello all. I have started having the same problem. My laptop is out of warranty :( have your laptop been fixed after you faced this issue? If yes, then how?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.