Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicname

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
ok so ive noticed dust getting under my screen and was wondering if its possible to somehow reapply this screen protector on the front. Whats the best method of doing so if its even possible

Hanwei

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2011
Cambridge, MA
From experience... by removing and re-applying the same screen protector... all you're going to do is pick up more dust before re-applying. It's also almost impossible to get rid of dust that's stuck to the adhesive side of the screen protector.

You should just trash it and put a new one on. Good luck! :)

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
So not true. I've removed and reapplied a number of Steinheil films. Tape works well at getting the dust off.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
From experience... by removing and re-applying the same screen protector... all you're going to do is pick up more dust before re-applying. It's also almost impossible to get rid of dust that's stuck to the adhesive side of the screen protector.

You should just trash it and put a new one on. Good luck! :)

+1

Only very rarely will this work. Just buy a new one.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
No reason to throw it away and waste money if it is not damaged. Just stick it back to some wax paper or the little plastic sleeve in the package and when its time to reuse it just do it as a wet install. Run it under some water with a little soap to clean it off and then reapply. I tend to get the SP on perfect this time compared to when it hasn't been used yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.