Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thatquadguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Hi,
I have a retina macbook pro 13 and the display seems to be slightly yellow/darker towards the bottom of the screen. Is this normal? Will it disappear after a while, I've heard it can be the glue drying still leaving the screen to still appear yellow.

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
It will not go away. It is not caused by glue drying on these displays that was the iPhone from several years ago and doesn't apply to these displays.

Your only options are to return the machine or get the screen replaced.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
It won't disappear. Displays vary in quality. You might try returning it. If it was me I would do the same. I don't know about the rmbp. The cmbp vented air from the bottom of the screen when hot. That caused some unevenness. That annoyed me too.

hugo525

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
I've exchange quite a few 15" rMBP and 13 rMBP. all of them have the uneven screen problems. I am just tired of the whole exchange process and keep two acceptable ones. (one 13" rMBP and one 15" rMBP)

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Unfortunately, it will not go away. But if you take it to the Apple Store or call Apple Support they will exchange it out for you. If you get a Genius who isn't willing, then try again, but in my experience it won't be a problem at all. Apple is the best when it comes to these things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.