Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
Anyone else received this email today? How is it for others who are already testing it?

B56C7534-FEEF-4599-849A-6DB02EE9F6AC.png

Klalu

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2020
Got the exact same email. Don’t know why they picked me, but I’m definitely happy to test it!

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Caveat emptor! Mine is freezing every two minutes! You do not seem to be able to uninstall it.
I reinstalled Catalina 10.15.6 and it was still there!!!!
I have contacted Seed admin. I have send at least 15 or more crash reports after Force Quit.
Try the Tech Preview first. I should have known better, since that was hanging just as much.

I have done all the usual including removing Caches, Containers, Prefs etc. I disabled all extensions, disabled Cross-Origin restrictions and so on. Nothing has made a difference.

Note that WebKit is also used by other apps like Messages.

Safari Technology Preview just updated today and is stable (release 110.)
If you are interested in the Big Sur features, get his first. You can use the General Preferences panel to make it the default.

Last edited:

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Caveat emptor! Mine is freezing every two minutes! You do not seem to be able to uninstall it.
I reinstalled Catalina 10.15.6 and it was still there!!!!
I have contacted Seed admin. I have send at least 15 or more crash reports after Force Quit.
Try the Tech Preview first. I should have known better, since that was hanging just as much.

I have done all the usual including removing Caches, Containers, Prefs etc. I disabled all extensions, disabled Cross-Origin restrictions and so on. Nothing has made a difference.

Note that WebKit is also used by other apps like Messages.

Safari Technology Preview just updated today and is stable (release 110.)
If you are interested in the Big Sur features, get his first. You can use the General Preferences panel to make it the default.
It looks like using the Developer Menu>Clean Caches fixes it. Weird that there are additional caches from those Lin Library/Caches, Containers, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.