Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
even though there are still no official release dates i'm so surprised 100's of participating stores world wide havent yet taken pre-orders. there's nothing legally stopping them of course.

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I don't know. Seems strange that they would start taking preorders "just because". I probably won't do it because I don't really trust that date. There has been about four different dates thrown around.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Based on this, and what they did for Apple TV, my guess is that Apple will quietly announce pre-orders Monday for a Friday pickup/release. Probably won't be a lot of fanfare due to the rumors that Apple ordered smallish quantities for launch.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
From what I have seen at my local Sam's Club, they are notoriously late to get tech items. Every time an iPad is released, they are about 2 days behind in getting stock into stores. This year might be different.

I suspect the iPad will come out Tues-Thursday. Sam's will have them out on Friday.

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I'm not going to trust it. I just can't see any other retailer releasing a legitimate date before Apple. I don't think that has ever happened? Just seems weird to me. Ill just impatiently wait for Apple.

APPLfanCA

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
I bet they only had a couple of the 128GB....If they even had any at all. So weird.... Apple....Where are you?!

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
I don't think these orders are going to get to u anytime before Apple will.

9to5mac is still pretty insistent that the 11th is on.

Keep in mind that with the Apple TV 4 Apple released it on Friday and these online stores only sold them the following Tuesday. I see the same thing happening with the iPad pro. Wednesday availability from Apple and Friday suppliers.

Also the lack of availability of the keyboard case and pencil make it seems they aren't getting the info from Apple otherwise they would know how much later they would receive it.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I don't think these orders are going to get to u anytime before Apple will.

It's a shame really. These retailers can say anything, and then retract later after they drum up some business.

People trying desperately to save a few pennies on tax, end up waiting indefinitely.

Reactions: AJsAWiz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.