Show off your Apple Watch

iFone88

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
Yeah I think that’s it - they didn’t arrive today but are due tomorrow so I’ll stick pics up to compare
Hyper grape and ‘black with white line’ eBay knock offs. £6 for the pair.

The black isn’t reflective, I don’t think and appears a bit lighter in the picture.

Happy with these!
- - Post merged: - -

The black isn’t reflective, I don’t think and appears a bit lighter in the picture.

Happy with these!
At work so cant mess about too much but I’ve put the hyper grape one on- looks bloody good!!

0FF65B28-1BCD-44B3-B582-605B2DD350A8.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

JimmyBanks6

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2017

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2015
Yea eBay sellers love to up sale the OEMs. I’ve bought all my OEM bands on some type of sale at Best Buy. When I see one I really like I usually just wait to catch it on a sale. What’s nice about Best Buy is that they price match other retailers so even if another retailer has the band on sale, they’ll price match.
I’m from the U.K. so can’t buy from Best Buy.

You must be talking about this band. Here is the official Nike one. It is one of my favorites, it is my daily one that I wear to work every day as it goes really well with my all black uniform with just enough pop from the reflective threads.

I love the look of that band. I’llbe interested to see the knock off one.

Reactions: jl.blass614

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Just curious... why the waterproof case on a waterproof watch?
Was thrown in with the watch, was more interested for the protection and size and they get knocked around surfing. Don't like the Apple bands, with my S4 i had the UAG velcro but it's another $80 here. The case doesn't have a reaction with my skin like the bare watch too.

I was about to ask the same thing. All those watch cases are so god awful looking. 🤮

Better off spending the money on apple care for damage. Or of its about resale value on an apple watch, thats pointless. They depreciate like an automobile. 😂
Looks more like a rugged watch to me which i prefer. And from my S4 experience they scratch/mark easily.

Had my first surf in it, brilliant, don't have to worry about knocking it around and always on is so better in the water.

Last edited:

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2015
AWS2 with third party red sport loop band 👍🏻
I have one too. I got mine on eBay UK from China.

Just picked up the SS Gold. Bands for this watch are a bit trickier to find. Here's a few from my collection, FYI.

Platinum 18K13W

Platinum 18F25W

Platinum 19B19W

Apple Space Black Link

Apple Gold Milanese
Very nice. What’s the watch face please?

iFone88

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018

Happy with these!

At work so cant mess about too much but I’ve put the hyper grape one on- looks bloody good!!

View attachment 896349
Here is my S4 with the ‘black with white line’ strap.

Against the black, it looks more grey. Love this look.
1E380FF7-9C2A-4553-BA1D-45D1E02DCF59.jpeg

ivantwilliams

Cancelled
Nov 30, 2014
Did they repair it, or merely give you another 'upgraded' model?

Also, being nosy, what was wrong with it?

Just got my Apple Watch back from repair. Almost a full month away (but a swap for a new at least) but damn I’ve missed this baby!

Need to get my Apple steel bracelet buffet though - any recommended products?

Reactions: xDKP

xDKP

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Did they repair it, or merely give you another 'upgraded' model?

Also, being nosy, what was wrong with it?
My battery tanked massively when running in the cold - on some runs went from 80% to turning off within minutes...

Actually had low hopes for them to discover the flaw as it was only sometimes, but they found it and swapped to a new unit but same model - Stainless Steel S4

They depreciate like an automobile. 😂
Actually worse - pretty sick how much they tank... I just aim to give it to my brother the next time I swap

Reactions: ivantwilliams

rebretz000

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2018
I think I am going to have to get a Black AW6 when it’s released. I bought the Silver AW4 but the black looks better I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.