Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xephian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2005
United States
When I go to "Show view options" and change the view settings in Finder and select "All windows", it does not change the view settings for all the windows as it should but it only does it for the one window I am currently in. Anyone know how to change view settings for all windows correctly? This partition is formatted as Mac OS Extended, I think this may be the problem.

Sogo

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2004
Hmm...what have you changed? It may just be that one folder is in thumbnail view an the other is in details...

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
There is a confusion here about this option. When you set this option to "all windows" it means it will change the settings for all the windows that you have never changed their settings!

If you have changed any setting for another window, that window will not be affected by the change you made.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
so what if you want to start over and restore all windows to their original state? is there a .plist file that needs to be deleted???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.