Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Hi Everyone!

I am having an issue with the public beta of iOS 13. When I have a slideover app, it doesn’t matter how many times I try to hide it on the side, it keeps coming back. I am using the top little line to move it, but it just bounces back. It happens with one or several app on slideover mode.

Any suggestions about how to fix this behavior?

Thanks for you help.

Gus

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Hi Everyone!

I am having an issue with the public beta of iOS 13. When I have a slideover app, it doesn’t matter how many times I try to hide it on the side, it keeps coming back. I am using the top little line to move it, but it just bounces back. It happens with one or several app on slideover mode.

Any suggestions about how to fix this behavior?

Thanks for you help.

Gus

Drag it from the left hand side of the slide over window.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Yes, I am doing that but it just bounces back. There is no way to hide it. I used to use slideover on iOS12 but it is just not working.

Is there something different now? Is this a bug?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Yes, I am doing that but it just bounces back. There is no way to hide it. I used to use slideover on iOS12 but it is just not working.

Is there something different now? Is this a bug?

There is something different now than before, yes. You have to drag from the left (or right) edge of the window. Previously you did it from the top edge of the window. If that's not working for you I'm not sure why as it's worked for me for both dev betas.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
There is something different now than before, yes. You have to drag from the left (or right) edge of the window. Previously you did it from the top edge of the window. If that's not working for you I'm not sure why as it's worked for me for both dev betas.

That’s it! It works from the side, not from the top. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Feenician

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
That’s it! It works from the side, not from the top. Thank you for your help!

Top, bottom and the sides now have clear separation of duties. Moving into/out of slideover and side by side, slideover expose and positioning, respectively.

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
Ah thanks that was driving me mad, I assumed the gesture had been changed but could not figure it out

That said, if it is on the left hand side it just bounces back like the original poster described but at least it worked on the right hand side

Last edited:

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Ah thanks that was driving me mad, I assumed the gesture had been changed but could not figure it out

That said, if it is on the left hand side it just bounces back like the original poster described but at least it worked on the right hand side

Yep, you must always dismiss to the right of the screen. You can drag from either side of the window though and you can dismiss a slideover window that's currently on the left by dragging it all the way right in one motion.

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
Yep, you must always dismiss to the right of the screen. You can drag from either side of the window though and you can dismiss a slideover window that's currently on the left by dragging it all the way right in one motion.

I'm an idiot, of course, must have been half asleep this morning

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I'm an idiot, of course, must have been half asleep this morning

Not at all. It's mostly new but similar enough to the old gestures to be confusing. After a little while using and building muscle memory though I'm finding them smooth and reliable. I absolutely love stacked slideover windows with slideover expose (swipe up from bottom) and slideover fast switching (slide right on the bottom of the slideover window).

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2010
Thank you for this thread. Installed I had iPadOS 13 a few days ago and this has been bothering me to no end. Thanks again!

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
The gesture is still the same, but right now you need to REALLY deliberately slide it perfectly horizontally. I'm sure this is a bug and will get fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.