Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thenewguyhere

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
Why do people need to break expensive things D:

Just like the morons who destroyed their newly bought PS3.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Rough guess; trying to impress them girls whilst either drunk or high?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Calm yourselves guys, it's already broken. It was pretty funny for the girls though xD

MasterDev

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2009
This is completely stupid and pointless. Then again it's just a bunch of young and dumb kids.

And like the other poster said, you could have donated it to good will, or sold it yourself (Even so called broken).

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Sold it for what? Who the hell would buy a completely shorted out xbox that you couldn't use for anything but something like this? Even the drive was a dud.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Well, if it was completely broken, and the warranty was void, and he couldn't sell it for parts (Or they'd be much less to even bother with), then I would break it like that also.

One question: Why'd you paint it? I would've assumed that the paint would've covered up the holes for air to pass through, and made it overheat faster?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Well, if it was completely broken, and the warranty was void, and he couldn't sell it for parts (Or they'd be much less to even bother with), then I would break it like that also.

One question: Why'd you paint it? I would've assumed that the paint would've covered up the holes for air to pass through, and made it overheat faster?

The paint is spraypaint, which would close up the holes theoretically about 70nm at the most. Even if it did affect it that much, I had beefed up the cooling so dramatically it wouldn't matter anyways. I had given the fans 12v power supply instead of the rather useless 5v.

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
because they are high on drugs or drunk. no sane person would try to break a 360. it would break by it self:D

This is the truth, Microsoft did a good job making a system that self-destructs.

My question though, is when did they style of having an extra long belt that hangs down come back in style? I used to do that in the early 90s ... haha. Do you have a belt buckle with your first initial in Olde English as well? haha
bucklewithinitial.jpg

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I would have personally tinkered with the innards for a bit...then put it back together just to smash it to pieces.

Oh I did. I'd had that console for about 2 years, so I'd done plenty of tinkering with it. Ladies came over and I realize I don't need this xbox, why not let them have some fun with it? ;D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.