Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
I will ask something after saying, "Hey Siri"
Siri will come on, listen, what I ask will show on the screen, and then… nothing. It will just sit there. If I say more, it will also show on the screen.

I minute ago I asked, "How many hours from 5 AM to 9:30 PM?" to see what Siri would do. It showed that on the screen… I waited about 45 seconds and still nothing and it then showed on the screen my next words, "what the f#$% are you doing".

This isn't the only time it's done this. Anyone else? How can you tell Siri that you're done talking? On the iPhone you can hit that invisible button at the bottom. If you press the crown on the watch, it exits. Any tips?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Siri will come on, listen, what I ask will show on the screen, and then… nothing. It will just sit there. If I say more, it will also show on the screen.

I minute ago I asked, "How many hours from 5 AM to 9:30 PM?" to see what Siri would do. It showed that on the screen… I waited about 45 seconds and still nothing and it then showed on the screen my next words, "what the f#$% are you doing".

This isn't the only time it's done this. Anyone else? How can you tell Siri that you're done talking? On the iPhone you can hit that invisible button at the bottom. If you press the crown on the watch, it exits. Any tips?

Siri is buggy on the watch. An update will most likely fix it. Meanwhile, reboot your watch if she stops responding to your inputs.

Cory Bauer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003

I've seen this happen as well, super annoying and I'm afraid I don't have any solutions for you. But on a related note....

Sometimes Siri starts listening to me right away, other times she interrupts me mid-sentence with a "What can I help you with?" screen and a microphone button I have to press...WHICH COMPLETELY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF HANDS-FREE "HEY SIRI"! Does anyone know how to avoid that, apart from activating her manually by holding in the crown instead? I can quite literally do the same thing back to back and one time it works and the next time she makes me press the microphone button. I don't get it.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
I rebooted the watch and it seems to be better 'for now'. We'll see.

I am reading that we're all experiencing the effects of a 1st generation product.
Thanks for the responses.

TxRN

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
On the move
Sometimes Siri starts listening to me right away, other times she interrupts me mid-sentence with a "What can I help you with?" screen and a microphone button I have to press...WHICH COMPLETELY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF HANDS-FREE "HEY SIRI"! Does anyone know how to avoid that, apart from activating her manually by holding in the crown instead? I can quite literally do the same thing back to back and one time it works and the next time she makes me press the microphone button. I don't get it.

I've noticed the same thing. Happens occasionally. Hopefully a software update is on its way.

Fredo C

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2012
I've given up on Hey Siri working smoothly, at least for this version of the software. I just press and hold the crown to launch Siri and that works much better and avoids a lot of frustration.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Just Siri. It's buggy right now, though should improve nicely with software updates

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Siri sucks on Apple Watch.

"Hey Siri" is hit or miss, and dictation doesn't seem to be as accurate as it is on iPhone. It's also noticeably slower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.