Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AintDutchNotMuch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
The Netherlands
Hi,

A lot of times when I get a WhatsApp message, there is no sound. The screen turns on though.
It happens around 50% of the time. Not sure if it's since the iOS 9 update or even before that.
Does anyone else have this issue and have a solution for this because it's getting a little frustrating:(

solly

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Same problem here with iOS 9.0.2;
Including apps:
WhatsApp
Tapatalk
iMessage

Reactions: marvz

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Count me in
Facebook
Messenger
The weather network
Tweetbot
NHL app
itv shows 3
Gmail (only about 20% of the time)

Just filed another bug report on this as my last one seems to have gotten deleted.

Last edited:

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Happens to me all the time, and it's the worst.

iOS 9 on my 6s and my Apple Watch notifications are a total mess too. I'll have my phone unlocked, and in use, and still have my watch ping with notifications.

Orlaam

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2013
It's happened to me on iOS 8 and 9. Probably 7, don't recall. Usually FB notifications, but I removed FB. I have missed some texts though because of this. It seems random but lately infrequent enough to not be bothered.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I'm noticing all types of sound issues on my iPhone 6 under iOS 9.x.x since I updated. When headphones are plugged in and listening to music, it lowers music volume but no notification sounds - not app or sound specific. In normal mode on occasion, I get the vibration but can hardly hear the audio for it. Others have reported issues. Hope Apple fixes it.

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Looks like it fixed in 9.1 beta 4, have it install since last night and haven't missed single notification , push email is back to working too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.