Sony projector with my powerbook?

pherplexed

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
Does anybody have any info on the Sony VPL-CX75 projector? I'm eyeing this projector for my powerbook b/c it says it has "Airshot" wireless transmission capabilities. I can't find information on this feature anywhere other than the line "wireless transmission capable". Does this mean the video signal is transmitted wirelessly? If so, will it work a powerbook/mac?

Thanks for any feedback...this would be an awesome solution for me if it's possible!!

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Airshot looks to be something sending video over 802.11b. Evidently, Macs are not supported.

To that end, just get a good projector with a DVI port, and a Mac-friendly presentation clicker so you don't have to stand by your Powerbook.

pherplexed

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
drats.

stupid incompatibilities. You have any suggestions on the best projector? ..or is there such a thing as a 3rd party gizmo that can send video wirelessly to a projector? I'm looking to get a projector for our conference room, but i'd hate to have wires hanging everywhere. I thought about having one permanently mounted, but we need to take it with us for presentations.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
I don't really know much about projectors, but I suppose you could create a semipermanent mounting (such as running cables through a hole under a table).

Or you could buy two projectors (one mounted, one travelling) with good resolution for the cost of this extremely expensive one.