Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jason-94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2011
Hey,

I need help finding a pair of earphones that dont just fall out of my ears, i have owned loads of pairs of in ear headphones and they never fit, they all fall out, even with the thickest buds. I have checked google many times on how to put them in but have come to the conclusion they will never fit.

On the other hand the apple standard headphones fit me perfectly and i find them extremely comfortable, obviously these are rubbish, so i need help finding a pair of decent earphones shaped like the apple ones.

Price isn't important so just link me with whatever you can find,

Cheers

callum23

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2011
Hey,

I need help finding a pair of earphones that dont just fall out of my ears, i have owned loads of pairs of in ear headphones and they never fit, they all fall out, even with the thickest buds. I have checked google many times on how to put them in but have come to the conclusion they will never fit.

On the other hand the apple standard headphones fit me perfectly and i find them extremely comfortable, obviously these are rubbish, so i need help finding a pair of decent earphones shaped like the apple ones.

Cheers

Dr.dre beats, they have an adjustable ear hook
http://www.beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5799&cat=2

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
A company called Comply makes foam ear tips that fit on most earbuds. A lot of people swear by them and I just ordered some late last week, should be here soon. I am the same way, earbuds just don't stay in place and i've tried a few.

Grover088

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2011
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

This is a huge problem for me. I have looked through most of the earphone threads here and have found nothing regarding a pair that stay in your ears. Sound quality is important, but when I'm running, it doesn't matter much if the buds keep falling out. I have tried several buds (even a few wrap arounds) and cannot find a pair that does not need constant adjustment. I am almost thinking that the only option is to go with a pair that is custom made from an ear mold. If there is anyone out there that can reccomend a pair that stays put no matter what, it would be greatly appreciated

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

This is a huge problem for me. I have looked through most of the earphone threads here and have found nothing regarding a pair that stay in your ears. Sound quality is important, but when I'm running, it doesn't matter much if the buds keep falling out. I have tried several buds (even a few wrap arounds) and cannot find a pair that does not need constant adjustment. I am almost thinking that the only option is to go with a pair that is custom made from an ear mold. If there is anyone out there that can reccomend a pair that stays put no matter what, it would be greatly appreciated

The B&O ones i posted should work for you.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
Yuan PK-2 or PK-1 I haven't heard these but they do have a good reputation and they have a vaguely similar shape to Apple buds. There is a high end model, the PK-1, but at 160 ohms or so really need an amp to bring out their best.

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=3

Also look here;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up

I have the PK-3 version of these (I believe they are $40 a pair, their cheapest ones) and they are excellent. They come with a few foam inserts and they stay in my ears even when I'm running. I'm a fan. I only wish they made a set that had a microphone/iPhone controls!

Rclark

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Yep. I put foam earbud covers on my Apple earbuds and it helps hold them in the sweet spot.

Check out these Sony earbuds. These are my go to earbuds. The sound is amazing for a $8 earbud. They fit similar to Apple's.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-E828LP-Fontopia-Earbuds-Winding/dp/B00008VF63

Honestly I would just go with a pair of bose. If you're going to spend $300 on a music device, $8 to listen to it doesn't seem very logical.

I have the bose AE2i, and they're incredible. My brother and dad own the in ear ones, and those are awesome as well.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Honestly I would just go with a pair of bose. If you're going to spend $300 on a music device, $8 to listen to it doesn't seem very logical.

I have the bose AE2i, and they're incredible. My brother and dad own the in ear ones, and those are awesome as well.

What's not logical is saying a product is not worthy simply based on price. This theory is illogical.

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
And not everybody cares so much about sq like an audiophile. Some people may just want a cheapy set to listen to the tunes from their device in private.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
You can always get some custom Westone earpieces.

i need help finding a pair of decent earphones
You need to be very clear regarding what you consider to be "decent". Don't assume that your notion of decent is universal. If you don't consider the Apple earphones decent then what do you consider decent as far as sound quality is concerned? There's a wide range of options.

No one that says that means that. Are you willing to spend $100? $300? $1,000? Everyone has a budget.

Rclark

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
What's not logical is saying a product is not worthy simply based on price. This theory is illogical.

My logic consists of:

OP wants a decent pair of headphones, in my opinion (and general consensus), $8 probably is not going to be decent. In my experience selling headphones while working at Radioshack in high school, you get what you pay for. The $8 may sound okay, but you're getting $8 worth of product quality. The bose headphones are guaranteed to work for a long time through their manufacturers warranty. You can spend $8 on headphones and use them for a month, and have to spend eight more dollars to replace the broken pair. Or spend $160 and have the pair for years, and have a very high quality pair of headphone.

If you still think my logic is illogical, please let me know what confuses you and I may be able to clear up some confusion for you.
;)

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
My logic consists of:

OP wants a decent pair of headphones, in my opinion (and general consensus), $8 probably is not going to be decent. In my experience selling headphones while working at Radioshack in high school, you get what you pay for. The $8 may sound okay, but you're getting $8 worth of product quality. The bose headphones are guaranteed to work for a long time through their manufacturers warranty. You can spend $8 on headphones and use them for a month, and have to spend eight more dollars to replace the broken pair. Or spend $160 and have the pair for years, and have a very high quality pair of headphone.

If you still think my logic is illogical, please let me know what confuses you and I may be able to clear up some confusion for you.
;)
You can't clear up yourself. You would be good at selling Monster Cable. $49 digital audio cables.

Rclark

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
You can't clear up yourself. You would be good at selling Monster Cable. $49 digital audio cables.

You can't clear up yourself. This makes sense, proper english as well.

I'm glad you can recite some of the overpriced products at Raidoshack.
I'm also not sure where you're going by citing the $49 digital auto cable, are you implying that Bose are overpriced?

You still seem to be confused, however, I'm still willing to help you sort out some of your confused thoughts.

Bose headphones > $8 pair of sony headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.