Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
My dad has had an iPad(1st generation) for about a year and a half now and is just starting to take advantage of a lot of the capabilities. He has discovered youtube and I believe he is attempting to teach himself how to fly an airplane, a couple of his close friends are pilots.

Does anyone have any fun games, perhaps puzzle games, that do not require quick reflexes or too much precision to play? He has MS so his fingers are not as delicate as they used to be. I'm wanting a game that is still complex enough to make it difficult but easy to play.

Thanks guys!

These are the games that have been recommended so far:

Carcassonne
Civilization Revolutions
Dungeon Solitaire
Incredible Machine
Words With Friends HD
War of Words HD
Zen Bound 2

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
My dad has had an iPad(1st generation) for about a year and a half now and is just starting to take advantage of a lot of the capabilities. He has discovered youtube and I believe he is attempting to teach himself how to fly an airplane, a couple of his close friends are pilots.

Does anyone have any fun games, perhaps puzzle games, that do not require quick reflexes or too much precision to play? He has MS so his fingers are not as delicate as they used to be. I'm wanting a game that is still complex enough to make it difficult but easy to play.

Thanks guys!

These are the games that have been recommended so far:

Carcassonne
Civilization Revolutions
Dungeon Solitaire
Incredible Machine
Words With Friends HD
War of Words HD
Zen Bound 2

WELDER
Some version of Suduko
Peggle? Definitely "kid themed" but largely strategy driven and I find it to be lots of fun.

riciad

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Ireland
I'd recommend Tiny Bang Story. Myself and the grandkids had great fun with this.
I'm in the same position as your Dad in having to avoid fast paced games following a stroke and really enjoyed this.
I still buy fast paced games but limit myself to providing strategic advice for the kids when they get stuck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.