Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkn1999

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2017
Last year, I went from an Iphone 6 to an Iphone 7+. I was super duper excited about it but when I finally received the 7+, I liked it but I wasn't IN LOVE with it. For all practical purposes, it was a great phone and had very few issues with it. This year leading up to the X, I was still not sure whether I wanted to upgrade since the 7+ was just fine -- my husband still had a 6+ that was on its last leg -- so he was going to order. Leading up to the pre-order, my feeling was -- if I get one quickly, then it was meant to be. If I am not able to pre-order, then no big deal....We ended up in the 11/17-24 crowd which was fine with me.

My husband though really needed a phone quicker so we cancelled were able to snag 2 at the apple store. Omg, I AM IN LOVE! It feels so amazing in the hand -- so much better than my 7+. It is the perfect size, beautiful and feels super well-made. I definitely am IN LOVE with the form. So happy that one of us HAD to get a phone this cycle and that I decided to tag along for the ride. It definitely beat my expectations. It's my fav Iphone ever but I just wonder if I am feeling this way since I had low expectations going in ! Either way, I'm a happy camper....

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
You know...i was going through withdrawal for last 5hrs after i got the x this morning....i was feeling that shakiness....after few hours...i love it. It reminds me of iphone 4...the keyboard part.

dolphin2421

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2015
Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
My husband though really needed a phone quicker so we cancelled were able to snag 2 at the apple store. Omg, I AM IN LOVE! It feels so amazing in the hand -- so much better than my 7+. It is the perfect size, beautiful and feels super well-made. I definitely am IN LOVE with the form. So happy that one of us HAD to get a phone this cycle and that I decided to tag along for the ride. It definitely beat my expectations. It's my fav Iphone ever but I just wonder if I am feeling this way since I had low expectations going in ! Either way, I'm a happy camper....

I'm really glad to hear this. The smaller form factor while maintaining a large screen is the primary reason I'm excited about the phone -- I love my 7+ but it has always felt too big in my hand. My X is due for delivery Monday and I can't wait! Thanks for posting your feedback!

mbguy4950

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Bham, AL
I'm really glad to hear this. The smaller form factor while maintaining a large screen is the primary reason I'm excited about the phone -- I love my 7+ but it has always felt too big in my hand. My X is due for delivery Monday and I can't wait! Thanks for posting your feedback!

Hey...remember the iPhones 1-5? Great phones huh?

I loved my 6+ & 7+ but the “X” is SO much easier to use one-handed. Sitting outside watching the AL vs. LSU game. Pick up my X with left hand and can easily swipe and check messages, etc. Couldn’t do that with my + models...just sayin...

Reactions: dolphin2421

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
You know...i was going through withdrawal for last 5hrs after i got the x this morning....i was feeling that shakiness....after few hours...i love it. It reminds me of iphone 4...the keyboard part.

It actually really reminds me of the iPhone 3G - which was the iPhone I first truly fell in love with, because that was the first iPhone sold in Canada.

Reactions: pat500000

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
This iteration truly is an one of their best work. The proportions, handling, and construction are perfect.

Haven’t been this satisfied with an iPhone since the 4, and then the 6 arrival.

Astrotrain

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
Sumner, WA
I go to bed with my iPhone every night! My X got the inauguration last night. I’m usually falling asleep to Netflix, YouTube, or podcasts. Years past, I needed the TV on to fall asleep and the wife HATED that. A smaller screen and AirPods has made a happy wife, which of course translates to happy life. ;)

Reactions: Mikeeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.